This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    You should have just shown this asshole some Manischewitz or better yet, some Mad Dog 20 20 and just called it a day.
    We don't sell either. =/

If he wanted wine with a screwtop, he should've gone to the liquor store in the first place instead of wasting 10 minutes of my life on a busy Friday night when we were SLAMMED from 7 in the morning til 7 in the evening. The liquor store's even got a sale on this month. Rrrrrrrr.

I don't like alcohol in any quantities, actually. I figured out really fast on my 21st that I would make an angry drunk. =/ I didn't even have more than a half glass of a mojito and I just felt it. So, no, no alcohol for me. Period.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
      I don't like alcohol in any quantities, actually. I figured out really fast on my 21st that I would make an angry drunk. =/ I didn't even have more than a half glass of a mojito and I just felt it. So, no, no alcohol for me. Period.
      Thank you. I just felt someone should say Thank you. People like you give me hope for humanity so many people would have either ignored that about themselves or not even noticed.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
        We don't sell either.
        And you call yourself a "drug store"?

Some of the most "altered" nights of my collegiate times were brought about via chugging MD 20/20. And if I recall correctly, it's label used to state it had grape flavoring.

Now I am going to have to bend down to the bottom shelf of the convenience store's cooler to see if that notation is still there.
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          'cept Guinness is more expensive than some wines.
          It's also more filling so you end up drinking less than you would with wine and therefore it lasts longer

I'm with Irv, give me a few Guinness and I'm sorted
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I don't even drink (at all) and I would never buy any bottle of wine (say, for a party or a friend) that lacked a cork o_O

My brother did once tell me that he thought the brand actually called "Cheap Red Wine" was pretty good for something in that price range
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

You mean, a liquor store has better options for wine than a drug store? Go figure...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                But who wants to buy specific types (an in quality) wine at an Aid of Rite?
                Depends which one. Here in Joisey they took over a few Drug Fair locations which had full-service liquor departments and kept them open and stocked. (In Carteret there is, or once was, a separate "Rite Aid Liquor Store", so called, next door to the pharmacy.) The one in Highland Park even has a full selection of kosher wines. I mean the good stuff, including imports from places like Chile or Australia, not just the oversweetened Maneschevitz rotgut.

I tried buying some wine (for a gift; I can't drink grape wine as it gives me a stomachache) in the period when I worked for that company, but I found out that my employee discount wasn't valid for wine. Oh shucks...

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
                  Customers?
                  Nah, customers are made of WHINE, not WINE!
                  I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Grape flavoured wine? He's out of luck - although they offer a wide variety of flavours, Boone's Farm doesn't make that one.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
                      Customers?
                      PEOPLE! BOONE'S FARM IS MADE OF PEOPLE!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        All wine is grape flavored, unless it's cheaply made... then it might be gasoline flavored...
                        Or in some cases, vinegar-flavored . .
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          I don't even drink (at all) and I would never buy any bottle of wine (say, for a party or a friend) that lacked a cork o_O
                          I drink wine a lot, it is my drink of choice and I even go to wine tastings on vineyards (now thats a wonderful way to spend a day!) I tried my first french champagne in Paris just over a year ago but I prefer prosecco because its half the price and just as good.

I buy screw cap wines, they are becoming more and more popular (especially NZ and Aussie wines). There is a trend towards unoaked chardonnay and other whites that use screw cap. A bottle of wine that has a screw cap can be just as good as a bottle of wine with a cork. It totally depends on the wine in the bottle. You can buy cheap nasty wine with a cork and you can buy delicious lushious wine with a screw cap.
                          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                            'cept Guinness is more expensive than some wines.
                            whines come free....

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                              whines come free....
                              Yeah, but when the whines begin, we all pay...
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I think I would have given him a bottle of grape juice. You know the ones that look like they are in fancy wine bottles?
                                "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X