Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got knocked out for a week and a half by what the student health center assured me was "just a cold, don't worry". Gee. A cold, four days after I got the H1N1 nasal mist? When an absurdly large number of other students who got the mist are also getting "colds"?

Yeah, the health center is telling students who react to the live vaccine that they have colds, and telling students getting the mist that "no one's complained of anything other than a headache". I really wish I knew who to report that to...
    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
      I really wish I knew who to report that to...
      The Centers for Disease Control:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaers/

If you scroll down the report form can be found.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
        The Centers for Disease Control:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaers/

If you scroll down the report form can be found.
        I more meant report the doctor for not taking possible reactions to the vaccine seriously. I was out for a week and a half, and one of my friends who got it a week later is on antibiotics for a secondary infection. Some of my classes are seeing a quarter of the students out, but there hasn't been a single reported case of H1N1 on campus.
        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          I've noticed that, after I quit smoking, I can get over chest colds faster. A doctor told me that's because smoking weakens your immune system. That I was not aware of.
          A friend of mine was told by a doctor that smoking makes you more likely to catch colds because it weakens your mucus membrane in your nose.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
            I more meant report the doctor for not taking possible reactions to the vaccine seriously. I was out for a week and a half, and one of my friends who got it a week later is on antibiotics for a secondary infection. Some of my classes are seeing a quarter of the students out, but there hasn't been a single reported case of H1N1 on campus.
            In that case report the doctor to the licensing board in your state.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
            X