This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I used it so what?

When I was working in a call center for a cell phone company we had an unwritten policy. The policy was that if you called to cancel your service on a specific date and weren't informed your service wouldn't stop until the end of the billing cycle and you stopped using the service the day you "cancelled" and hadn't paid yet we would credit you for that period of time.

This was actually majorly against company rules but if you were a good rep you realized how much BS it was that no one was educating these customer's.

Anyway so a few months before I quit to pursue other opportunities I had a customer who even more so pushed me in the quitting direction.

He had somehow found out about the unwritten policy and felt it should apply to him well there were three problems with this.

1) We do not cancel your service until the end of the billing period.

2) You used your service until the end of the billing period (had phone calls up through the last day and knew he did) which means you used what you were billed for.

3) You have already paid your final bill while we can get away with crediting unused unpaid for service no way in heck we can convince our company to cut you a check.

This customer had spoken with 6 people before me. The first rep made a mistake and promised him a refund. His supervisor caught it and apologized for the error and then explained the three things above.

When I again reiterated we do not give out free service he insulted my intelligence and education assuming that I must be an idiot since of course only an idiot would think customers have to pay for services rendered. Was really amusing when I informed him that at least one of my coworkers holds a PhD. Thought I was being a smart aleck. Eventually the guy hung up on me.
Working...
X