This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas View Post
    Um, I've been to a Subway that was out of bread. That's ridiculous.
    And I've been to a Burger King that was out of burgers. So I guess it was a Burger Pawn.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
      Ooh, does that mean more time spent on CS telling us stories?
      No, probably not... the more you spend shut into your house, or apartment, the less NEW stories you can experience and pass along.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
        I guess he would rather of had me prancing around the sandwich line farting rainbows out of my butthole.
        I am curious, from what other bodypart would you fart anything?

Comment

Quoth Fryk View Post
          I am curious, from what other bodypart would you fart anything?
          I have very special tear ducts.
          My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
          My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

And ears. :P You think that's just Tinnitus?
            Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

What an ass. Seriously, who spit in his coffee?!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
                Unfortunately in most states here you are an at will employee and can and will be fired for not showing up to work.
                This is incorrect. So long as you call in, they have no grounds for terminating you (unless you go out of your way to make a habit of it). In most cases, you do need a doctor's excuse before you can report back to work if you are sick for two or more consecutive days. If you're a full-timer, you get paid sick time at most retail jobs. If you're a part-timer, you're kinda screwed on that end.
                Last edited by Mike Taylor; 11-05-2009, 01:52 AM.
                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                  This is incorrect. So long as you call in, they have no grounds for terminating you
                  At will means that while yes they may end up having to pay unemployment they dont' have to have grounds for terminating you I have seen companies let someone go because they dared to call in sick and someone who will come into work sick is eager for the job.

Comment

At will means that as long as they don't give a reason that is specifically prohibited as grounds for firing someone, they can fire you for any reason at all.

My workplace tends to wait for legitimate reasons to let people go, but there have been firings for nothing more than that the person "didn't mesh with the team" as it were.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can take sick days, but unless I get a doctor's note, they are unpaid and taking too many earns you a telling off. So if I'm ill, I'll come into work. There's also the fact that I can't afford to have my heating on at home right now and at work I can crank it up.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

UPDATE!

So I get back to work today and I found out from Manager that Mr. Douchebag ended up calling the health department on the store and they showed up. He tried to lie and say that I was coughing in his sandwiches and that I was wiping my nose on my gloves. Luckily Manager believed me when I said how much of a liar that guy was. She just told me next time to call in even if I have a cold because everyone is so paranoid about Swine flu nowadays.
                        My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                        My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Subway eh? Man I could never work that kind of job after my past experiences in retail. If a customer ever acts like a total DB we have the option of telling them where to go, which is the way it should be, but unfortunately not everyone has that option becauce most corporations always take the flawed view that the "customers always right". Thankfully my overseers usually give me the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                            If you're a full-timer, you get paid sick time at most retail jobs.
                            Um, no. I have had more than one full time job that did not offer sick time....I do NOT think this is the norm at all, unfortunately.

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
                              Um, no. I have had more than one full time job that did not offer sick time....I do NOT think this is the norm at all, unfortunately.
                              This is the fifth fratching post after the mod warning.

The others were deleted.

We're getting tired of deleting them.

Thead closed.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X