This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do with a rebate?

No, it's not a question about how to get a rebate processed..

This is an online chat, only names and companies have been removed, everything else is a direct transcript....................

Thank you for contacting {Company}! My name is CSR. I will be with you momentarily.
    Customer: hello
    CSR: How can I help you today?
    Customer: I have some question about {Company} rebate.
    Customer: I got the rebate check from buying {Company Appliance}
    Customer: but I don't know how to use it
    Customer: hello!!
    CSR: I am sorry. I was waiting for you to ask a question.
    Customer: That's fine.
    Customer: I don't know how to use the rebate check because I don't have any back account in the US.
    CSR: I am not certain how you will cash that check.
    CSR: I can give you the phone number for the rebate center however, those rebates are meant to be valid in the United States.
    CSR: Did they ship it to a US address?
    Customer: yeah
    Customer: now I stay in the US but i'm just student
    Customer: I don't have any bank account.
    CSR: Some retail stores will cash checks for a fee. Some banks will also do it for you without an account for a fee. I am sorry but I do not know how else to assist you.
    Customer: which store and which bank that they could?
    CSR: I am sorry but that will depend on the area where you live.
    CSR: My local grocery stores offer that service.
    Customer: How do I know?
    Customer: Which store that you mean? Maybe I can ask them.
    CSR: You would have to ask them. It is usually done at the service counter.
    Customer: any store?
    CSR: I am sorry I don't know what stores are in your area. They are probably different than the ones in my area.
    Customer: I'm sorry
    Customer: I"m not clear.
    Customer: Now I'm still not know how can I do.
    Customer: I have to ask any store or any back, right?
    CSR: You may want to ask someone who is familiar with the stores in your area. They may know who will cash it.
    Customer: You're customer service but you don't know and you told me to ask someone that not familiar with {Company}.
    Customer: I don't understand.
    CSR: I am sorry you are not asking a {Company} question. You are asking a question about cashing a check.
    Customer: but checking rebate is the promotion from {Company}
    Customer: Why you don't know the detail?
    CSR: I am sorry but we fulfilled our obligation in sending your the rebate. We are not responsible for how you are going to cash the check.
    Customer: That's really good policy.
    Customer: You don't care that how to cash the check.
    Customer: That's perfect service.
    Customer: Thank you so much.
    CSR: I am sorry. Maybe in be it would be in your best interest to open a bank account.
    Customer: That's not necessary.
    Customer: Thank a lot for your advice.
    'Customer' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').=

... words fail me. 'Fucktard' does come to mind...

Comment

Uhm why do people hit stupid about everyday things when it comes from big bad corporations ooooo they sent me a check it can't be like every other check I ever get.

Comment

Eeeerrrr....

And they're a student and have gotten this far in life!?
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          Eeeerrrr....

And they're a student and have gotten this far in life!?
          "I'm naturally stupid, but I'm studying hard to get better at it."
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I realize that this person said they aren't from the US, but did anyone else automatically think the syntax reminded them of a Nigeria scam. "Congratulation on your winning very big lottery payout, I am pleased to be asking for your name/address/etc, etc, etc"?

Maybe it's just because I'm not quite awake yet, and reading that killed what few functioning brain cells I have turned on at the moment.

I'll shut up now...

Comment

and the fact that "bank" became "back" all through the transcript. Smells of scam to me.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Nah, all the syntax tells you is what was already mentioned: They're not a native.

Obviously English isn't their first language.

Also, just as obvious, they don't want to do any work at all to get their rebate, beyond sending in the initial information.

I'd almost suggest that they visit their school counselor for better information. While they are no more required to do so than MadonnaC, they'd at least know some of the local establishments to recommend.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm wondering about a scam as well. I was waiting for the offer to have the OP cash the check and wire the money to the SC.

But people who think it's the check issuer's responsibility to spoon feed them through the process of cashing the check actually exist.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Wait he's an international student and he didn't set up a local bank account? He must be rich because the exchange rate and transaction fees can add up.
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
                    X