Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein SC gives me career advice (Rated M for Mature)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein SC gives me career advice (Rated M for Mature)

SC comes ro check in. He had already booked through Central Reservations but the CC isn't charged. It's only to hold the room for late arrival.

Me: I'll need your ID and CC.
    SC gives me just his ID
    Me: I'll still need a CC.
    SC: That's all I have.
    Me: I'll need a CC to check you in.
    SC: I don't have a CC
    Me: Do you have cash?
    SC: No
    SC then calls a family member. The one who booked the room. SC then asks if I can take CC over the phone.
    Me: I cannot but if he access to a fax machine we can send him an authorization form.
    SC: No, he doesn't have access to a fax machine. You know what? Fuck this. Fuck you! You need to get another fucking job! Kiss my ass!

How does a person travel all the way from MO with no cash or cc? How does he plan on paying for food? Have fun being stranded in Denver.
    Last edited by Mr Hero; 11-05-2009, 06:37 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

How did he expect to pay for his room? With hopes & dreams?

Comment

Maybe a jaunty tune?

Comment

I'm always bemused by those who suggest I get a job while I am clearly in the process of being employed to do something.....
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I suppose it's him who needs a job as he doesn't seem to have any money
          !
          "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I'm sorry you had to deal with someone from Misery.
            Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

This used to happen to me ALL THE TIME.

Even had one guy tell me he was in the army over and over and over, and if I didn't check his mother in using his credit card he was going to have one of his superiors call me. Every time I told him no, he told me he was in the army. BFD.

I told him to go ahead and have them call, but that I would tell them the same thing.

BUT HE WAS IN THE ARMY!! OH EM GEE.

Seriously, what did he think that was going to do? Kind of like the people who used to tell me what we could charge for a government rate. Um, the government doesnt own this hotel, they don't get to tell us what to charge. THAT was a constant battle.

Comment

To hazard a guess or two on that last one... his superiors would probably (a) be unable or unwilling to help him out, and (b) ream him out for being a jackass like that to a civilian...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My superiors always taught me you treat civilians nicer than your own mother.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that they probably wouldn't want to be hassled with such trivial bullshiz.

I am sure that they have absolutely nothing better to do than fight this asshat's battles.

Comment

Urg, I hate that. I have had to explain due to fraud in this day & age, I have to have signature and the whole 9 yards. The other day a guy claimed it was his company's credit card, which I don't doubt but we never recieved an authorization for it. So, I left the charges on the "company card" and also took his personal card and added a note just in case.
                      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
                      X