This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed means closed

On Sundays we close at five in the evening. A customer comes in at 4:40 pm and I greet her and inform her that we will be closing in 20 minutes. She smiles and nods. So she has heard me.

During the next 20 minutes, I cleaned the store and my coworker closed out 2 of the 3 registers and did the numbers for the day. The customer comes up to the cash register at 5:00 pm. She informs me that she has coupons and that we have to do two transactions. I tell her that isn't a problem. I ask for her punch card for our store. She swears she has it and doesn't want me to look her up in our computer. I takes about 5 minutes for her to find her card. I ring up her items doing two transactions like she asked. And then I gave her bags, receipts and told her I need to walk her to the door because we had locked up for the night.

So far nothing to horrible right? So I try to usher this woman to the door because I still need to vacuum and clean the restrooms and she stops and asks why we didn't have any CD on our $5 specials. I explain that our monthly artist was extremely popular and we sold out. And reminded her that we were closed.

She ask in my huffy voice if there are any more $5 dollar CD by women. I said I didn't know of any offhand. And if we did have any they would be in the bargain CD section. So she walks away from me and goes to the bargain CD section. She looks around and says we have nothing good. I said well maybe you should come back tomorrow when you can look more. She shrugs and starts moving back to the door.

She asks me if I know of any good female artists. I suggested one artist and I got her a CD by the artist hoping she would like it, buy it and leave. She looked at the price in horror and said "$13.99 for a CD?! I told you $5!" I said I was sorry but I knew she was a good artist and that we didn't have any cheaper CDs by her. And again I reminded her that we closed.

Then she saw some music piled up by one of our listening stations. And she says "Oh this is the music you play in your store!" And starts look though it. I tell her that is not the music we play in the store and that a customer had simply left the music there instead of putting back. She still is looking though it. She ask me what I thought of one CD I discouraged her from it because it was punk band. And had already told me that she didn't like loud music. And again I reminded her that we closed and I really needed to start cleaning up for the night.

So again she starts walking to the door and she see a CD that is by the same person as our $5 CD. And she holds up the CD and says "Isn't this your $5 CD?" I explain that even though it looks like it is. It is not. It's a special edition with DVD in it and it's $13.99. I was hoping to get the same shocked response as last time she would just leave. She asked me if having a DVD meant you could watch it. I was losing patience with this woman so fast. I told her yes. Then she asked "But you can listen to it too?" Again I told her yes. You can listen to the CD and you can watch the DVD. And she wants me to put on hold for her. I say I will but first I have to close up.

I finally get her out of the store at 5:26 pm. I am suppose to be done closing by 5:30 pm. What part of closed do you get lady?

Why'd you keep making suggestions? I'd have told her that someone would be happy to help her the next day when the store was open.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Gah, the annoyance! That aside, I like how you pointed out she could watch the DVD or listen to the CD. Not sure if she got it, though. Medial Play had a lot of people return DVDs because they couldn't use them like a CD. "You mean an audio DVD won't play in my CD player?!?"
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Unfortunately, People like that have "issues"... they are also the type that will complain to corporate.

I think you were professional and dealt with her correctly

Comment

Working...
        X