This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am letting you in, dammit!

OK, this is the last time I try to be nice to people.

This happened on a late shift where we had price changes to do, so therefore we had to put the cones up five minutes early as it takes ages to do it on the computer. A woman drives up to the cones just as I was putting them up. She immediately started to bitch at me, saying it was poor customer service to close this early. Note; it was about four minutes to closing time. I was knackered from having worked a full shift, and I stood aside to let her in just so she'd shut her piehole. Nope, didn't work. She didn't move, just kept flapping her lips.

"Why are you closing this early? This is such bad customer service! I have a dry tank, I can't make it to the 24/hr petrol station down the road! I can't believe you're doing this! The customer is always right!" etc etc.

In the end, I got sick and tired of her. I'd already tried to tell her about five times that I was letting her in, but each time, she obviously didn't hear me over the sound of her own voice. I pulled the cones accross again and walked away, ignoring her. As far as I was concerned, soddit. I'm not standing there where you verbally abuse me, especially after I was going to let you in, ffs.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Bahaha! Pwned. Why couldn't she just STFU and get her fuel? Geez, some people...
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
      Bahaha! Pwned. Why couldn't she just STFU and get her fuel? Geez, some people...
      Because some people just can't take yes for an answer.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Obviously to some people, yes = rude as well as no. XD
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

She wanted to have a bitchfest more than she wanted fuel, obviously.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

She certainly was able to drive off with a petulant squeal of tires with her so called dry tank.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

"Why are you closing this early?!"

"Because you're being a bitch."

Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Who the hell lets their tank get that low to begin with?

Lets all say it together boys and girls "Failure to plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on mine"

And yes, she was more interested in being a bitch than listening to what you said. I would have walked away too
                "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post

Lets all say it together boys and girls "Failure to plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on mine"

And yes, she was more interested in being a bitch than listening to what you said. I would have walked away too
                  Damn you...You stole my line.

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
                    Not me! Once it gets to less than 1/2 a tank I start filling up and I drive a compact car too! That stupid bint wanted a bitch fest was all. If she just STFU and stopped being a PITA she would've had what she wanted, after all you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

"Why are you closing this early?!?"

"Cuz your kids called us and warned us a bitch was on her way"

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                        after all you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
                        No you don't.

Comment

No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
                            >.>
                            I've known how far below E most of my cars would go before actually running out of gas. But I've only ever actually run out once.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
                              The people who can only afford to put gas in the tank once a week? You make this statement under the (perceived by me) assumption that everybody can afford to fill the tank twice a week or more. We generally only go to work and come home during the week, and I get a ride to work from my mother, who then picks me up at the end of my shift, and we only really go anywhere else on Fridays when we get paid... And we still burn a full tank of gas in a week o.o; Just sayin' there...

Going back on topic... If she'd shut her trap longer than it takes to breathe between words, she'd know she was going to GET gas...
                              Last edited by Dips; 11-07-2009, 10:50 AM. Reason: removed fratching material
                              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X