Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a gas budget....I know how much gas my car will go through in a week (in the winter, allowing tweaking for leaving the car running to warm it up and whatnot) and I try not to go beyond that.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      No good deed goes unpunished.
      Good one. XD
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
        Who the hell lets their tank get that low to begin with?
        My Dad. I can't remember how many times as a kid, my Dad would use my Mom's car, return it empty, then when Mom had to do something the next day she'd unexpectedly discover she has an empty tank and have to detour to get gas.

40 years later, he still does it, and without fail if I ever have to borrow a vehicle of his (usually his truck to move something) the FIRST thing he says is "Sure, but you'll have to put gas in first...."
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

As long as they don't sit there yapping at the petrol station employee rather than driving in to get petrol... XD Thinking about this SC still makes me laugh.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
            Raises hand.

Mainly due to laziness.

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
              Inconsiderate asses like my ex, who would borrow my car when it was full, and then return it empty.

One morning, she wanted to use the car while I was at work, so she rode with me so she could take the car after I went in. As soon as I started it up, I noticed there was almost no gas in it. I thought I had enough to make it to the gas station that was near my job. Turned out I was wrong. It died about a half a mile from there.

She couldn't walk very fast, due to a combination of being extremely out of shape and due to a childhood injury that severely damaged her one foot, so I told her she could wait in the car while I walked to the gas station. She told me, "OK, but leave the engine running. It's cold out here!"

Not sure how the hell I was supposed to do that with no gas in the car...
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                Not sure how the hell I was supposed to do that with no gas in the car...
                But no don't you see the gas goes in the tires and makes them turn everything else is run off of fairie pixie dust.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                  Because some people just can't take yes for an answer.
                  Sounds like some of my dates. Sad, but true.

Quoth raw456 View Post
                  Hi there. I have run out of gas enough times where I am not going to admit to how many times I have run out of gas. To my credit though, it hasn't happened in many, many years.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                  you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
                  I find I catch more flies with a swatter, actually. Kill more that way, too.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X