X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helter-Skelter

Helter-Skelter

So at my workplace (gas station) one places an order on a touch screen, gets a little ticket printed out describing what they ordered and then goes and pays for it. People at the register stamp it, the customer walks back to the deli (all of 20/35 feet) and picks up their food. This is keep walk-offs from occurring, its store policy, no stamp on ticket = no food for you. This is how its been since I’ve worked there for the past 6 months, and as far as I know for longer, since the people who trained me were pretty adamant that this was policy. For myself, I use the “kill them with kindness” method when dealing with customers. I may not be stage material, but I can at least fake “happiness” around people.

So I have an elderly gentleman, about 60 who wants to place an order. He’s a regular who likes trying to make changes to what he wants. Pretty much this guy will routinely ask if he can order 3 wings and ask for them to be changed to chicken breasts instead. Its always a no, but he’s in so infrequently that I don’t remember him every time he tries it. So I’ll try to help buy showing him how to order what he wants. My kick ass co-worker/manager ended up “walking” him through the order on the screen instead this time. She reminds him to go and pay for it and we’ll have it ready for him when he comes back. He stands there watching me. Conversation went like this
    SC= Ugh >-<
    Me=Me

SC= Is my food ready?
    Me= Yes sir, but you need to go pay for it first. We have to get the ticket back before I can give it to you.

SC walks up to the register, and starts talking to a friend for about 5 minutes. Comes back to find me sweeping the floor. I couldn’t see him because I was on my knees trying to sweep things from under the counter. SC then almost walks around the counter and sees me.

SC= Hey, you have my food ready
    Me = Oh, sorry I didn’t see you. Here you go all boxed up.
    SC= Your suppose to have it ready and up on the counter for me in under 2 minutes. Your not doing your job right and I want to be compensated for it. You should take a dollar off my order.
    Me= *great a scam artist* Sir you foods been here ready for you. You have to pay first, you do not get it before you pay and I have to see the ticket. I’ve watched you and you’ve been chatting with your friend for longer than 2 minutes, even if I could I’m not giving you a discount.

SC Storms off to the register. He proceeds to tell everyone there that I have an attitude problem and must not like sweeping the floor. That I shouldn’t be working in a job that deals with the public if I’m going to act like I’m all Helter-Skelter. He causes 2 co-workers and a manager to have to stifle laughter. He then gets told I’m one of the friendliest people they have working so what did he do to make me “act” like that? Pretty much he got laughed out of the store.

That guy wanted a dollar off his food because he was too busy chatting with his friend to pay attention to his impending food? Yep, he tried to scam you. Looks like he got *pwned* in the process.
    Last edited by Athaelia; 11-05-2009, 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling, etc

Comment

You act all Helter-Skelter?

Does that mean you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer?
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth KitterCat View Post
        That I shouldn’t be working in a job that deals with the public if I’m going to act like I’m all Helter-Skelter.
        I'd totally take that as a compliment.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          You act all Helter-Skelter?

Does that mean you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer?
          Maybe she's got blisters on her fingers?
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

When I get done with sweeping
            I go back and I serve all the guests
            And they stop and scam
            And they act like big pests
            Till they’re called on their crap and they walk out again
            Yeah yeah yeah
            Do you don’t you want your hot food now
            You’re trying to scam but we’ve caught on to you now
            Throw your tantrum, come on, insult your server
            You may be our guest here, but you’ve got some nerve, sir
            Helter skelter
            Helter skelter
            Helter skelter
            Yeah

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Beautiful.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                When I get done with sweeping
                I go back and I serve all the guests
                And they stop and scam
                And they act like big pests
                Till they’re called on their crap and they walk out again
                Yeah yeah yeah
                Do you don’t you want your hot food now
                You’re trying to scam but we’ve caught on to you now
                Throw your tantrum, come on, insult your server
                You may be our guest here, but you’ve got some nerve, sir
                Helter skelter
                Helter skelter
                Helter skelter
                Yeah

I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!
                Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Kitter you gotta be careful remember you can't go all Helter Skelter like that after all it is all about love

Comment

LOL Love the song.

Comment

XCashier, you rock!
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You so need to make "Going all Helter Skelter" your siggy or something. Put it on your employee name tag! Quite a compliment!

LMAO at the song! Reminds me of ol' Charlie Manson and his pals thinking the Beatles were sending Charlie secret coded messages on The White Album
                        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
                        X