This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth jocunddaffodils View Post
    I usually just read and don't reply here, but I had to sympathize with you on this post. A few months ago I quit working where you work (yay for quitting!)

I worked in Home Dec and people would always think that just because there were 10 yards of fabric on a roll it would be there a few days later. I would get bitched at ALL THE TIME because "there was a full bolt when I was here the other day!" When I told them it was sold, they would be like "ALL OF IT? WHY WOULD SOMEONE NEED ALL OF IT???" WTF. They want to buy all of it, so why is it incomprehensible that someone else would want all of it as well.

Sorry, your post just made some frustrating moments all come screaming back to me. Congrats on putting in your two weeks!
    Yeah, I won't miss that. Especially on red tag people'll be like, "I can always just get more." And I warn them that it might not be there next time and we might not get anymore in. But do they listen?

Comment

You know I toyed with the idea of getting a job there just so I could get an employee discount back when I did a lot of custom sewing. But reading your stories I know I'd last about a week.

Good luck! I'm going to miss the stories of the doings of the Banana Bread Lady.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
        You know I toyed with the idea of getting a job there just so I could get an employee discount back when I did a lot of custom sewing. But reading your stories I know I'd last about a week.

Good luck! I'm going to miss the stories of the doings of the Banana Bread Lady.
        Yeah, I thought the discount would be cool, but teachers and vips gets the same discounts as we do. That's not right, and I think I've saved like, $30 total over my years working there.

Comment

Working...
        X