This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She does not want to hand over that coupon

Lady comes up to the register with fabric and coupons, competitor coupons. We don't take them on fabric or any brand items since the competitors don't carry those items. There is a sign informing customers of such.

SC: And this
    Me: I'm sorry, I can't use competitor coupons on fabric items.
    SC: Ok, how about this one (hands me another coupon from a different competitor)
    Me: I must have been unclear, we can only use our coupons on fabric.
    SC: Why?
    Me: They don't carry fabric, and thus there would be no competition since you can't buy the item there.
    SC: What can I use it on?
    Me: Any of the items they carry, so craft and jewelry, certain baskets, frames, basically anything in these back isles, nothing in the side isles, and no fabric.
    SC: I don't wanna use my coupon though
    Me: Ok, we won't, it'll be $xx.xx
    SC: But I want a coupon!
    Me: I thought you didn't want one.
    SC: I didn't want to use mine! I don't like to rip them out till they expire!
    Me: I think it would be best to use them when you really need to, not the day they expire.
    SC: HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WHAT THEY CARRY IF YOU DON"T SHOP THERE!
    Me: You got those coupons from the paper?
    SC: No, from the store
    Me: I thought you said you didn't shop there
    SC: I MEANT YOU!
    Me: Why would you assume that I don't shop at these stores? They carry great items that I can't get here. I don't just not shop there cause I work here. That's a little rude of you.
    SC: HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY DON"T HAVE THIS FABRIC!
    Me: That's our brand. I'm pretty sure we're the only ones who carry it.
    SC: HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!
    Me: Ok, well good luck finding our fabric there, have a nice day. (It was a $5 transaction, it's so not worth it.)

You're my hero, you know that?
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

You get the craziest customers *shakes head*
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

and with all these customers we get we've still been rated the highest in the district for customer service and sales for 5 months in a row now, we even beat out the super stores for sales.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          You get the craziest customers *shakes head*
          Yeah, but there's something missing from this story. Oh, yeah, she didn't stab you with scissors.
          Seriously, how is your back, FF?
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've been wondering about your back too FF. Has it healed up ok?

Yes you have been getting many crazies lately. At least none have threatened to beat you up or kill you yet.......have they?

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              Yeah, but there's something missing from this story. Oh, yeah, she didn't stab you with scissors.
              Seriously, how is your back, FF?
              Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
              I've been wondering about your back too FF. Has it healed up ok?

Yes you have been getting many crazies lately. At least none have threatened to beat you up or kill you yet.......have they?
              Everything's going fine. Hardly any scar, never had any pain. Thanks for checking in.

Comment

Working...
              X