This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifter throws TV at employee

Yes that's right, a TV, a 32-inch TV to be exact.

I heard about this on Saturday, and it was confirmed by the person it happened to as well.

So a guy tried to walk out of the store with a 32-inch TV without paying. He just loaded it onto a shopping cart and tried to walk out. He gets to the door and makes a run for it, with the door greeters chasing him. One of the cart pushers, D, just happened to be pushing in a line of carts at the moment the guy was running out. Apparently thinking that that D was trying to block him in, the guy grabbed it off the cart and heaved the TV at him. D managed to catch it, but it still got his face pretty good. This happened before I came in, but I saw D yesterday and he was still a little swollen from it. The wannabe-thief ended up getting away, unfortunately.

The arrogance, greed, and stupidity of the would-be thief do not in any way surprise or shock me.

I am, however, fairly impressed that your coworker freakin' caught a 32 inch TV that was thrown unexpectedly at him!!! If that doesn't get some kind of praise from management for bravery and skill under fire, then management should probably be flogged.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Let me get this straight, a 32 inch TV. Those things are huge and that must've been some throwing arms that guy had there. If there's cameras then hope that they caught the guy's profile.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

::applauds D's display of muscle:: Nice one! I certainly would've treated him to something for that. Perhaps his choice of coffee from the nearby Starbucks.

I do hope cameras caught the would-be thief on video.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I shouldn't think it would be too hard to find that particular thief. Just have the police drive D round all the gyms in town until he spots his attacker. Someone strong enough to throw a 32" tv is going to be a regular gym attender.
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

Could it have been a 32" LCD TV? Either way, that's definitely impressive to catch one coming at you without warning.
            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Out of the box or in the box? I can see it being tossed when not in its box - but a 32" TV in its box - that's pretty strong on both parties.
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Ummm... yeah, I ended up hearing wrong.

The whole story was related to us by a manager the same day I posted this, and a few details were straightened out.

The TV in question ended up being a 26-inch, not spectacularly big, but still not exactly small, and after carrying enough of them out, one could probably be thrown without much effort by the right person.

<Head slap> Next time I'll wait for the whole story

BTW, the whole incident was caught on camera

Comment

If you could get a copy, I'd happily host it.

Rapscallion

Comment

I have webspace to spare, if you can get it down to less than 50 Mb I can put it up.
                    "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

I've got unlimited bandwidth on this server

Rapscallion

Comment

Damn, having a TV thrown at you sucks. That guy should go to jail for that crap
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

And here I thought WATCHING television should be considered assault with a deadly weapon.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            And here I thought WATCHING television should be considered assault with a deadly weapon.....
                            Reality TV. 'Nuff said.
                            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I have my own dedicated webserver...I can host it if you can get a copy. I'll allow all the downloading CS wants!
                              Happily free of Kwik Trip!

Comment

Working...
                              X