This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supervisor Trumps Rep

Ma'am some things that you should understand about our conversation today.

1) You spoke to a supervisor before you spoke to me a supervisor who outranks me and made a decision on your situation. I am not going to lose my job because I decided I could suddenly magically go against a supervisor. My name is not David and I am not good with a sling.

2) Telling me over and over again that you made a mistake but your only human and that you have paid for the mistake and now wish us to overlook said mistake does not make sense. Here is why: Your mistake was in not calling us two days ago and requesting that we start your service so we could have come out today. You want us to overlook this mistake and come out today. Sorry ma'am your right you need to pay for your mistake so you can learn from it hence you get someone on tuesday.

3) If I tell a tech that he is going to be turning you on I have to call another customer who was scheduled to be turned on today and explain to them that you who called in today are going to be turned on and the customer that called two days ago now has to wait until Tuesday.

4) Telling me your new to this area and don't know the way things work would be a reasonable thing to be telling me if we were the first company that you had ever done business with but as you are not that young and in fact likely have had plenty of experiences with companies in the past I am sure you understand that asking questions is a good thing and blaming our rep because she didn't anticipate every single thought in your mind is bad.

5) Please go complain to the public utilities commission and please let me know when so I can be a fly on the wall for when they laugh you out of the office for following rules they make us follow.

For everyone else:

Basically this customer called in upset because we weren't going to come out the same day and turn her gas service on. She says she called in two weeks ago about it. Since the gas was turned off at that address a lot longer than 2 weeks ago then at the time of her call she would have been told to call back closer to when she was taking the home so we could actually put her on the schedule.

She admitted this is what she was told but it wasn't enough for her because the person didn't happen to mention that we wouldn't rush out the same day to turn the gas on. Then she kept changing her story.

One minute she was never told it would take time, then she was told she needed information she didn't have at the time. She could never keep her story straight. The nail in her coffin of your bad not ours was when she told the supervisor that I handed her off to, after 30 minutes of verbally dancing with this woman, that she called and gave him her only phone number at which point he explained to her that we record ALL calls and they are tagged by phone number. Her's had never called us before.

She was again told we will be out there Tuesday given the names of yet two more supervisors and advised to complain if she felt she wanted to but that we were not changing our decision.

I love when my bossess stick to their guns.

Quoth jackfaire View Post
    I love when my bossess stick to their guns.
    And I hope they don't fold like cheap deck chairs when she calls back with yet another sob story!

Comment

I had a similar situation today....SC made a mistake and wanted us to correct it. She had gone online to make a payment on her account, and accidentally made two payments. (She's on our "budget" plan, and actually was about two weeks behind, and the new bill was out, but not due yet) Because of the "overpayment" she's going to bounce a lot of checks w/ her bank, and wanted us to reverse the second payment. Problem is, she authorized the payment, and we can't reverse them. She asked for a supervisor and got the same answer.

Comment

Pinkie we get that all the time too and then they get upset that they are going to be charged 15 dollars and want us to waive it. I have to explain to them that they are creating extra work for our bank and so our bank charges that fee.

Comment

One of the few things that I liked about working at a Call Center is that my supervisors usually always backed me up on calls and usually always had solid spines (sometimes TOO solid, but that's a rant for a different thread).
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Update

So I was off yesterday but I worked today. I checked her account and turns out she called back multiple times yesterday and again spoke with supervisors. No one bumped her up but each time she threatened to complain to the PUC. Seriously wanted to call her and be like, complain or don't complain just do it already.

Comment

Working...
            X