This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ma'am, have a nice day.

I work in the meat department now at a Sam's Club and most of the club members are business/restaurant owners who know how to buy meat by the case. Its a certain price per pound with each case being a slightly different weight. Sam's Club has recently started taking food stamps so now we get a lot of people who don't know how the meat market works who are ignorant to begin with.

I had one lady who wanted to know how much a case of chicken wings were. I told her it would be so much per pound and the average case is so many pounds. She said she wanted the price as if there was a universal price on every case. I explained to her how it works but her response was that I was running a game on her. I tried to explain again and told her how much the average case comes out to. From the sound of it she held the phone a foot in front of her face and and shouted "What Da Fuck Is Wrong Which Chu?" My response was "Ma'am, have a nice day." and I hung up on her.

She called back and talked to a manager. She later came into the store. I recognized her voice and she had a very different tone. I don't know what the manager said but she took care of business. This lady was riding the motorized cart. I got her case for her and as she drove away she complained about how the case wouldn't fit in the little basket on the cart.

I never saw her again. I guess our service was so terrible that she got a refund on her membership. Or, at least I can hope as much.
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 11-07-2009, 05:47 PM.

Wow - I love the motor carts at Costco (have a bad back and right leg that the concrete floor absolutely kill) because they are so speedy and nimble!

Of course, I always have someone go with me to use a regular cart and because even after I buy it, I can't always load it in the car.
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 11-07-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

From what I've seen, most stores sell meat by the pound anyway. Like the one that's in the meat department.

Comment

Quoth casey13 View Post
        From what I've seen, most stores sell meat by the pound anyway. Like the one that's in the meat department.
        That's how I've always seen it too.

Unless it's frozen or something, but I'm sure then it was packaged for weight so they don't get screwed out of money by selling at a universal price.

Comment

Working...
        X