Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I reject your reality and substitute my own!

At the dead center of downtown, there is a special spot for police cars to park so that an officer on patrol has someplace to sit where he/she is close to just about everything in case an emergency should occur.

Despite being close to several “civvie” spaces, there are plenty of clues that this is NOT a space you can park in if you are not the police.

All the other spaces have meters adjacent to them, this one does not

All the other spaces have white lines marking the boundaries of the stalls, this one has a cross-hatch pattern painted on the ground, an almost universal “Don’t stand here” symbol, no?

And most importantly, there’s a sign on the lamp post next to the space that says “Police Car Parking Only, Violators Towed”

As some of the more astute have probably guessed, the police have us tow people out of here ALL THE TIME.

I don’t mind because unlike other tows off of private property where people try to run through the whole smorgasbord of excuses, when the COPS call you in, there’s really no point in trying to argue. Unless you’re this guy…

Guy – Hey, did you tow a Honda Civic from Central St.?
    Me – 100 Central? Yes, we have a car matching that description from that area.
    Guy – Why’d you tow me! This is illegal!
    Me – The Police called it in to us, you were parked in a police parking zone
    Guy – What?!
    Me – That spot is for police cars only
    Guy – You can’t do that! There’s no sign!
    Me – It’s marked on the ground and on a post in the sidewalk that you cannot park there
    Guy – Argh! Who do I complain to to get this overruled?
    Me – Nobody really, it was a 100% legal tow
    Guy – We’ll just have to agree to disagree about that!

Woah, huh?

Uh, no, see, there are certain things in the world that you can’t compromise on. Ducks don’t fly upside down, gravity pulls things down, not up, the Pittsburgh Pirates still suck, oh boy do they EVER suck, I don’t look good in flannel, and the COPS called you in for being in THEIR space and had you TOWED away. Though I did get an interesting mental image of you hunched over clutching your temples trying to will your car back to it’s space, seeing as it was still here when I left for the weekend, looks like you failed to warp reality to your version of events after all…..
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Guy – We’ll just have to agree to disagree about that!
    Well then I agree the law allows me to tow your car.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      Though I did get an interesting mental image of you hunched over clutching your temples trying to will your car back to it’s space, seeing as it was still here when I left for the weekend, looks like you failed to warp reality to your version of events after all…..
      "...though I'm sure you now want to go to a doctor for that bitch of a headache you no doubt have. Plus, all that attempting to concentrate stuff probably resulted in you giving yourself a hernia"

Agreeing to disagree about the law? some people...

Comment

Well the law never effects SC's.

It's as if not not wanting to obey the law at this moment is supposed to make them immune from it.

Comment

rofl* Just yesterday I had someone agree to disagree on the definition of a word

Comment

That reminds me of an episode of "Parking Wars". A guy was double-parked in the middle of the road, guy gets a parking ticket handed to him, then puts on a pity-party in front of the camera. Then he cries to the cops when they pull up. The cop just says, "Sir, you're double-parked. Move your car!"

Comment

Woot, Mythbusters reference, and it even involves cops!
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
                rofl* Just yesterday I had someone agree to disagree on the definition of a word
                Do tell.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

"Well, sir, since the Mayor is in charge of the City, I suggest you go to his/her office, and complain with at least as much, if not more, passion as you have to me."

"And we'll see where that gets ya!"

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                    Plus, all that attempting to concentrate stuff probably resulted in you giving yourself a hernia".
                    Given where most of the public keeps their head, I think you mean hemorrhoids.

Comment

"I can give you two suggestions: 1) the police, who called me to have your car towed, or 2) my boss, who will be glad to hear I am doing my job."
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I actualy skipped telling him the police were an option, because they don't want to hear it, and told him technicaly you COULD talk to the manager, and he'll laugh in your face and charge you anyway because he has no reason to waive anything.

It got real quiet on the other end of the line
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

"We’ll just have to agree to disagree about that!"
                          "Sure. We can agree to disagree, if that'll make you happier. But your car is still towed, we still have it, and you still have to pay to get it back!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

i'd be tempted to tell him to talk to the police since they were the ones who asked for him to be towed

mostly cos... if he goes in there all full of attitude, they'll rid him of his 'tude faster than you can say "shiny bracelets"

Comment

Working...
                            X