This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there should be a sign!

so we had a meeting tonight that had a bunch of us there until 8:30. the store closes at 8. there's a sign that states our hours right next to the door. around 8:30, a woman and her daughter walk in our manager's like "oh sorry...we're closed. we had a meeting, that's why there are people here."
    the woman got all sarcastic and was like "well thanks for telling people! there should be a sign for that" and walked out.
    ...*le sigh* way to set a good example for your daughter.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

When I worked at the gas station, we had a scheduled floor waxing/cleaning from a professional cleaning company once or twice a year.

That night, after close, the lights had to stay on, and the employee would leave a spare key with the cleaner to shut off the lights and re-lock up when they left.

So the doors were locked and the store was closed, but the lights were still on for a few hours after close while the floors were being done.....and even in the 20-30 minutes I'd stay after doing my drawer and whatnot, people just kept coming and coming and coming and giving the catbutt face when they couldn't open the door or get gas.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

No no no; you misunderstood. She didn't mean a sign, she meant a Sign - as in, from God. Mere door signs are products of Man's folly and thus fall short of God's perfection. If God Himself doesn't tell her something, it's beneath her notice.

Love, Who?

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
        ...*le sigh* way to set a good example for your daughter.
        10 to 1 her daughter who can actually read despite mom's obvious efforts to the contrary said, "But mom the sign says they are closed" and mom's response.

"No dear if the doors unlocked and the lights are on they are open and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise after all if we don't then our entire SC culture will just die out"

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
          ... after all if we don't then our entire SC culture will just die out"
          What a horrible thing that would be >_>
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"Here's your sign..."

Bill Engvall would be most proud
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Some years ago we had a party at one of the game stores I've worked at. It was held after close and we moved a bunch of the display racks to the side, set up tables and chairs with chips, pizza and drinks. We also brought in extra TVs and whatnot.

Despite this entire set up and their obviously being an event going on, SEVERAL people walked into the store and were surprised as ever that we were NOT actually open (nevermind the fact this party was being held AFTER our regular closing hours anyway).
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                What a horrible thing that would be >_>
                Who would clean it up?

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                  Who would clean it up?
                  We'll ship in some vultures.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    We'll ship in some vultures.
                    Don't do that!! You'll give the vultures indigestion.
                    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                      No no no; you misunderstood. She didn't mean a sign, she meant a Sign - as in, from God. Mere door signs are products of Man's folly and thus fall short of God's perfection. If God Himself doesn't tell her something, it's beneath her notice.

Love, Who?

Dude, you've met my Mother, haven't you? That was an uncanny impersonation of Her Holiness.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        When I worked at the gas station, we had a scheduled floor waxing/cleaning from a professional cleaning company once or twice a year.

That night, after close, the lights had to stay on, and the employee would leave a spare key with the cleaner to shut off the lights and re-lock up when they left.
                        When they have the carpets cleaned at the bookstore, it's done overnight. They company usually comes just before closing and they get their stuff set up while the employees finish cleaning up. The fun part? They have to run hoses from their truck, which has a tank for the cleaning solution, so the doors have to stay not only unlocked, but wide open. And once the employees leave there's usually just one manager left to babysit.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

today we closed at 9 and there were some customers still in the cafe...when we let them know that we were closing and it wold be cool if they went outside and sat at the tables there. maaaaan...they way they looked at us. it was like the world's biggest inconvenience. jerks.
                          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                          ^_^

Comment

Working...
                          X