This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was kinda actually a good day

Most of my complaints today stem from a new employee. Very self centered, very very rude, and won't stop talking. A customer came up and asked her a question and she rudely said "ma'am, can't you see I'm busy." She wasn't. As much as some customers may annoy me I won't be rude to them for no reason. I walked into the back room and she was working on the truck talking to my manager about some miracle that happened to her. My manager walked by and mouthed the words "please don't leave me." Hehe.

Last shift all I really did was clearance, it was amazing. I think I got through the whole stack, something that was supposed to be finished three weeks ago, in my one shift. I set a cart aside for myself cause I knew a bunch of the clearance stuff would go right away. Also got a crap load of buttons!

where's my stuff!

The answer, in that little bag on your arm. I put your stuff in 2 bags and handed them to you, and you forgot about the second bag despite me pointing to it multiple times. In the end you stormed out angry that I wouldn't give you a free patch because I stole yours. Yes it's on your receipt, because I gave it to you! I bet she'll feel stupid when she gets back.

I absolutely refuse to do separate transactions for one person

It's one per person. I stood up to every single person who wanted me to use multiple coupons. No policies were broken last shift. That's the problem we face when putting out the paper

[B]prank calls[B]

Got 3 prank calls. Every time it was a little kid who said:

"Sorry, I dialed the wrong number. I dialed the wrong number Daiquan. You dialed the wrong number. Sorry, I dialed the wrong number. I dialed the wrong number Daiquan. You dialed the wrong number too." And so on.

The first time I hung up on them. The second time I warned them that it was not funny. And the last time I said, "You know what, I already put in my two weeks so fuck you you little turd eating fuckers." They replied "Bitch." And I said "You betcha."

Worst shoplifter ever

I guess he didn't see me standing there...He just started shoving stuff in his pockets while I stood right at the end of the isle. And them he tried to take some pliers. They stuck out of his pants. It was kinda funny. My manager took care of him.

Another bad shoplifter

Some of the boa yarn was on sale for a dollar. People didn't see the word boa, just the brand name and assumed the sign was for the yarn...3 shelves over. I had a whole cart of this yarn to put pack from people not paying attention. These women came up, made the mistake of thinking this was the sale yarn, decided not to get it, and finished their transaction. I took the yarn to put it away and moved on to the next customer. Ok, so plastic bags are kinda see through. These ladies were leaving, I'm the only one on register, and as they leave I can see their bag is stuffed with yarn. Terrible attempt at getting their stuff for free. I stopped them, they freaked and left the bag with the stuff they actually purchased in it. I got their plates, don't know what will come of it though.

So that's it. The rest was spent on clearance. I cleaned those bins super good. Found stuff that were supposed to be put in clearance months ago. I also helped a woman put together some cute gift baskets. Gave a few knitting lessons. Wrote out a pattern for a crochet scarf. That's about it. Good day.

Your new co-worker sounds like a piece of work. Did a manager hear her tell a customer that she wouldn't help them? I would think that would get her written up, or at least a talking-to about manners...

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
    I absolutely refuse to do separate transactions for one person
    Hmm, I have a question about this one. If someone wanted to do separate transactions for business purposes, is that considered annoying or bothersome in the retail world? I make jewelry, so it's not uncommon for me to go into a craft store, pick out a bunch of stuff, but ask for some of it to be rung up separately, because a lot of times I'll pick up some crafty stuff that I want to use for something random, and then some jewelry supplies that I want to use to make the jewelry that I sell. I keep track of all my transactions for jewelry supplies so I know how much I've spent over the course of a month.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
      If someone wanted to do separate transactions for business purposes, is that considered annoying or bothersome in the retail world? I make jewelry, so it's not uncommon for me to go into a craft store, pick out a bunch of stuff, but ask for some of it to be rung up separately, because a lot of times I'll pick up some crafty stuff that I want to use for something random, and then some jewelry supplies that I want to use to make the jewelry that I sell. I keep track of all my transactions for jewelry supplies so I know how much I've spent over the course of a month.
      I think the problem was that the store has coupons that are "one per purchase/person/day" and people wanted to do multiple transactions to use multiple coupons.
      I know that when I was in Girl Scouts, my mom would do two transactions at the craft store--one for the Girl Scout stuff, which was tax-free, and one for personal stuff. The store never had problems with it, but we were there all the time.

Comment

That's what I think, too. Customers become pretty abusive and demand you ring multiple transactions in order to take advantage of coupons. And they're never very nice about it. You'd think they'd be polite when asking for a favor.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
          Your new co-worker sounds like a piece of work. Did a manager hear her tell a customer that she wouldn't help them? I would think that would get her written up, or at least a talking-to about manners...

Hmm, I have a question about this one. If someone wanted to do separate transactions for business purposes, is that considered annoying or bothersome in the retail world? I make jewelry, so it's not uncommon for me to go into a craft store, pick out a bunch of stuff, but ask for some of it to be rung up separately, because a lot of times I'll pick up some crafty stuff that I want to use for something random, and then some jewelry supplies that I want to use to make the jewelry that I sell. I keep track of all my transactions for jewelry supplies so I know how much I've spent over the course of a month.
          Yeah, it was that they were trying to do the separate transactions only for the purpose of using two coupons because they knew the computer would not ring them both up at the same time. I put a bunch of papers out and then I find papers with the coupons torn out strewn about my counter. I always do separates for teachers, churches, businesses, etc. I understand that you don't want to turn a receipt with personal stuff on it to a boss or customer.

Comment

He just started shoving stuff in his pockets while I stood right at the end of the isle. And them he tried to take some pliers. They stuck out of his pants.
            My mind had all these horribly phallic double entendre remarks run through it when I read that, but I will spare you all the vulgarity.

"Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

prank calls

"Sorry, I dialed the wrong number. I dialed the wrong number Daiquan. You dialed the wrong number. Sorry, I dialed the wrong number. I dialed the wrong number Daiquan. You dialed the wrong number too." And so on.

The first time I hung up on them. The second time I warned them that it was not funny. And the last time I said, "You know what, I already put in my two weeks so fuck you you little turd eating fuckers." They replied "Bitch." And I said "You betcha."
              That reminds me... it was something like 10 years ago, when some kid decided to prank call me. Kid forgot that I could see the phone number, so I called back. Kid tried to blame his little brother (yeah right), but squirmed quite nicely when I told him about caller id. And then I mentioned that I might just call again in the evening to talk to his parents... Well I didn't, but hopefully the kid was scared enough to never prank call again.
              No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

[B]prank calls[B]

I'm surprised he didn't ask for snoo-snoo.

Or if you sell battletoads.

Or if you like mudkips.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                  My mind had all these horribly phallic double entendre remarks run through it when I read that, but I will spare you all the vulgarity.

Well, you're no fun. *pout*
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                  X