This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't this work?

This is my first post since I started back at the truck stop working part-time while getting my associates degree in IT.

This guy wasn't sucky so much as just a bit dense & blind apparently.

I was working one of the registers on the regular gas side (there is another side of the store with another register just for diesel fuel & trucks) when this guy approaches me with a card in his hand that he hands to me

dense guy: I'm trying to use this card outside at the pump and it won't work - can you tell me why? (the last part said like he doubted a common clerk couldn't help)

I looked at the pump before looking at the card because our pumps are OLD and rarely work with lots of different cards or they work & the printers won't print receipts - I note he is driving a very nice BMW SUV - then I look at the card

Me: Umm sir, this is an Exxon/Mobil gift card (not even with a Visa or MC logo - I checked) & you are at Citgo Exxon is directly across the street

dense guy: (totally without a clue) Oh, is that why?? and then walks out & uses a regular credit card at the pump

Me:
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
    RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

EBWAP - Error Between Wallet And Pump
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

love it :-) & SO accurate
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
      RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        EBWAP - Error Between Wallet And Pump
        Alternately there's EBWAR: Error Between Wallet and Register.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Ehe, a piece of plastic is a piece of plastic to an SC; right?
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

well...at least he didn't get angry...
            If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
            ^_^

Comment

Working...
            X