This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh, Look at Your Pregnant Belly!"

Yeah, just had a customer say this to me. I'm not. I am, however, retaining the lake. Every month. *sigh*
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I suppose it's not appropriate to respond with "Oh look at your big mouth!" ?

Comment

For a few days out of the month I very much prefer looser fitting clothing, for obvious reasons.
      I often opt for a babydoll style top and recently I was on the subway wearing this perticular style of shirt.
      A rather odd young man was patting a woman's pregnant belly (a woman he did not know) then spied me, got up, sat next to me and moved his hand towards my stomach.
      I was in a mood that day and flatly said, "I'm not pregnant and if you touch me I'll snap your fucking arm in half."

Problem solved.

Comment

People are so stupid.

There's a comedian that once said 'never comment on a woman's pregancy unless you see the child coming out'. Or something like that. I'm too lazy to google it, but it's soooo true.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Jeff Foxworthy.
          What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
            I was in a mood that day and flatly said, "I'm not pregnant and if you touch me I'll snap your fucking arm in half."

Problem solved.
            *giggle* That made me smile so much.
            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
            -Red

Comment

Reminds me of Queen of Wands.

http://www.queenofwands.net/d/20041029.html

I have many friends that act like Shannon (she of the orange hair and baby bulge) when with pod. It's amusing for me because I'm not the target of their feral wrath.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                Reminds me of Queen of Wands.

http://www.queenofwands.net/d/20041029.html

I have many friends that act like Shannon (she of the orange hair and baby bulge) when with pod. It's amusing for me because I'm not the target of their feral wrath.

My costume this Halloween was a devil tail and horns. Whats more appropriate for a 9-months pregnant woman than that?

Comment

When my exwife was pregnant with our daughter I was the one that wanted to rip people's arms off I hated they would just touch her without even so much as a hello,

Comment

Heh, I was at a chinese buffet with my mom one day when this random employee says 'Aww are you pregnant?' I just stared at her and said 'No, I'm just fat.' Way to make someone feel good eh?
                    My Wajas cave

Comment

Ugh, I hate that kind of people. When I get pregnant, I'm going to buy 2 t-shirts where one says "not fat, just pregnant"
                      and one who says "not pregnant, just fat".
                      ...just to mess with peoples head :P
                      Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
                      Me:

Comment

Quoth cactus View Post
                        Ugh, I hate that kind of people. When I get pregnant, I'm going to buy 2 t-shirts where one says "not fat, just pregnant"
                        and one who says "not pregnant, just fat".
                        ...just to mess with peoples head :P
                        Shoot, I need to get one of those shirts that says I'm not fat, I'm rubenesuque.

Quoth Bramble View Post
                        Heh, I was at a chinese buffet with my mom one day when this random employee says 'Aww are you pregnant?' I just stared at her and said 'No, I'm just fat.' Way to make someone feel good eh?
                        Ouch. I know the feeling. I can't tell you how many times I've had that happen to me...even from family (I used to be 115lbs. but gained 60lbs after moving in with SO and sadly still am 180lbs. I'm such a slacker ) . It really irritates me when people outright assume that EVERY woman that has a little belly is pregnant (among other things).
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                          It really irritates me when people outright assume that EVERY woman that has a little belly is pregnant (among other things).
                          And if you have a large chest, it automatically means you're loose (to put it nicely). Get dirty looks from female customers all the time--the ones who are with husbands/SOs.
                          I think the pregnant thing with me has to do with my lack of hips. I tend to be straight up & down, but w/ a belly.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
                            When my exwife was pregnant with our daughter I was the one that wanted to rip people's arms off I hated they would just touch her without even so much as a hello,
                            I will never understand why people think it's ok to touch a complete stranger like that. The only place I've ever touched a complete stranger on purpose (aside from shaking hands) is on the arm, and only when a verbal "excuse me" didn't get their attention.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            I think the pregnant thing with me has to do with my lack of hips. I tend to be straight up & down, but w/ a belly.
                            I'm kinda like that, too. I didn't realize how much until I gained some weight over the last couple years. It's annoying. But I've never had a stranger ask if I'm pregnant.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Do what I did and grow a beard.
                              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
                              X