Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually did that accidentely once, assuming someone was pregnant because they were fat. The worst is that I have a fat belly myself.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Yeah, just had a customer say this to me. I'm not. I am, however, retaining the lake. Every month. *sigh*
      I'm having a similar problem, only it's not water I'm retaining, it's halloween candy.

Comment

I am small, as in 5'2", so my weight doesn't have many places to go. About 5 years ago I was pushing 200lbs(I have since lost a good bit of weight) and was at Wal-Mart getting something my grandmother had asked me to pick up for her when next thing I know a hand is coming at my belly.

Instinct kicked in. I grabbed the hand w/ my right hand, twisted it, put my left hand on the elbow and pushed. I basically made this guy face plant into the ground. Damn near broke his arm. He's ont eh ground whining that I'm hurting him and I get from him he thought I was preggers and wanted to feel my belly. The words "So you think its ok to assault pregnant women?" came out of my mouth, he threatened to call the police, and I told him to go ahead as I would like to see him try to explain him assualting strangers and them defending themselves to the nice officers.(Laying hands on someone unwanted is assault by my state's laws.)

I released him, he slinked off, and people gave me a wide berth.

Comment

That's awesome. Maybe he'll think twice about touching someone else like that. I have a story on here where someone did that to me (asked if I was preggo) "No, just FAT." I didn't let her get away with it cuz it hurts and right now trying to have a kid and can't so I HATE it when asked.

Comment

Then there was the woman who remarked that if my belly was on a woman she would swear that woman was pregnant.
            I replied that it was, and she is.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth cactus View Post
              Ugh, I hate that kind of people. When I get pregnant, I'm going to buy 2 t-shirts where one says "not fat, just pregnant"
              and one who says "not pregnant, just fat".
              ...just to mess with peoples head :P
              Get just one shirt and it says one on the front and the other on the back

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                I'm having a similar problem, only it's not water I'm retaining, it's halloween candy.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've seen enough commercials to know that it's not okay to comment on a woman's pregnancy, no matter how pregnant she looks (unless she says something about it first).
                  Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Quoth cactus View Post
                    Ugh, I hate that kind of people. When I get pregnant, I'm going to buy 2 t-shirts where one says "not fat, just pregnant"
                    and one who says "not pregnant, just fat".
                    ...just to mess with peoples head :P
                    During my pregnancy I had a tshirt that said "With Bump..not Plump!" man...apparently people read it as "Bump? Me Touchie!!" so I made a shirt that said "I'm NOT a Buddha...I don't grant wishes if you rub my belly...SO HANDS OFF!"
                    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

And then there are those who will announce their pregnancy to anybody in the vicinity.

Such as, for example, in t-shirt form, and I have actually seen this shirt being worn: "I'm Not Fat, I'm Knocked Up."
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My late boss was the KING of inappropriate remarks.

Once, he asked a lady customer when she was expecting.

She fixed him with a steely glare and said it's a 20 pound inoperable tumor!

The man did not embarass easily, but this made him feel 1 inch tall.

Ironically, he passed away from complications of a stroke several years before she did.

Those who take it upon themselves to TOUCH a pregnant belly unbidden deserve to pull back a bruised (or worse) arm!
                        Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Such as, for example, in t-shirt form, and I have actually seen this shirt being worn: "I'm Not Fat, I'm Knocked Up."
                          That reminds me of what the irate taxi driver yelled at the pregnant woman who jaywalked in front of his cab: "Watch it lady or you'll get knocked down too."
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
                            Get just one shirt and it says one on the front and the other on the back
                            That's an excellent idea!
                            Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
                            Me:

Comment

I'm fat, and I've used the pregnant nonsense to get a seat when I'm really tired from a day of dealing with douchebags. Usually only after someone asks me when the baby's due. Usually.

Comment

Working...
                              X