Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you're mad at me because I didn't let you get away with theft??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you're mad at me because I didn't let you get away with theft??

A woman came in yesterday to trade in some games. She was pretty upset when she saw how low the trade credit was on the games. It was I think $15 for three old Gamecube games and a couple of PSP games. I simply told her I don't control the trade values, they are set by corporate.

A few minutes later, she comes up with a game to be rung out, still ranting on how she's being treated so unfairly and being shafted by the apparently crappy trade in values she's getting. I ring through the sale and hand her the receipt. Now she had a debit card in her hand but the transaction amount turned out much lower than anticipated so she didn't have to pay any extra. That was a bit odd to me but I didn't realize why...at first.

When I handed her the receipt, she glanced at it for a moment, then asked me to explain something about it. As I reviewed the receipt, I realized why the transaction amount was off: I'd forgotten to ring up the game. All I had done was run the trade credit through, I never scanned the game into the computer to sell. I know, it was a stupid mistake. I apologized to the customer, voided out the incorrect transaction and re-rang it through correctly so she ended up having to pay $6.

As we finish up, she says this to me: "So basically, I just got screwed twice. If I had just taken the game and not said anything about the receipt I wouldn't have to be paying for this now."

Ok, I admit I screwed up by not ringing the game through the first time, but let's not forget she came up to my register with debit card in hand ready to pay for the product and when I accidentally forgot to ring it up and then corrected said mistake: She accused me of ripping her off because I had the audacity to charge her for a game that she should have paid for in the first place!

Some people have no morality whatsoever.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Talk about low morals with that SC.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

At least she did say something. Be happy about that. She may have yelled, but at least she was honest.

I've had many customers not say anything. I've even had a few others attempt to put stuff in the /scanned/ pile. But I always watch.

I. Always. Watch. *cue evil laughter*
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I think that's a tactic for theft to get you flustered and distracted in the hopes that you'll forget to ring something up or ring it up wrong. Sucks for her you noticed!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
        X