This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Racist and Others

I should have posted this yesterday but I've been typing up a 20-page science unit for my field study class. I just finished my first lesson plan on page 8.

Anyway, on to the tales.

Roll Racism

We usually have two kinds of sandwich rolls behind the counter, white bulkie rolls and wheat kaiser rolls. The bulkies always go faster than the wheat rolls do.

It was just my luck Sunday night that we ran out of them, and we weren't getting any more until the next truck.

People FLIPPED. I didn't it was possible to get angered over a piece of bread. I guess I thought wrong once again.

One kid called me roll racist because we favored wheats over whites....

Cheesy Priest

I was coming back from break and the CW who relieved me was standing at the counter with a small pan of Parmesan cheese and was sprinkling some onto a kid's salad. He sees me coming back and tells me he's tossed it over the counter a couple of times like he was baptizing the crisp creations.

In the name of the feta, and of the 'san....

This is New

Me: Would you like any cheese or will that be all?
    SC: No.

No to....what? This is almost as bad as those who answer either or questions with "Yes".

On WHAT, Damn You!

Okay, kiddos. I'll give you props. You've finally learned your cheese names so I don't have to use Chinese torture on you to figure you which one you want. Good to know you've been studying.

Where you lose credit, though, is in the fact that while you managed to rattle off an 8-item sandwich order, you neglected to tell me what kind of bread this monstrosity was going on to. Play the Song of Time backwards and start over. You will lose any items you're carrying though.

Thanks, Buddy

So to say Sunday sucked is an understatement. We had over 500 people show up for dinner, which is 200 more than we usually do. I had a 40-minute stampede of people at the deli counter which led me to run out of supplies several times, forcing the line to a standstill while I restocked meats and veggies. Every time I looked up, there were at least 15 people in line. It was ridiculous.

Before my shift, a couple friends and I binge-watched The Muppet Show because we are just too awesome like that. One of our favorite clips was this one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN5Mqr6tRlw

So to lift my spirits after dealing with such a stampede, I started whistling the odd little music in the background of that scene. Next thing I hear is this loud "HUGGA WUGGA" from the soda dispensers. I look over and spot one of the Muppet-bingers grinning at me.

I love my friends to death, I really do.

No, Just Stare at Them

Saturdays the commuter cafeteria closes early, so all of the salads and sandwiches they made get brought into my cafeteria so we can give them out for free before they spoil. We have this awesome display cooler next to my station just for that reason.

We've been doing this since September, and I still get the deer-in-headlights look when I tell students that they can just take them.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I always get at least one student who stuffs his pockets with as much as he can fit in them.

And rest for a week. I get next weekend off for an MTEL test and some good ol' fashioned fun.

Quoth Nashida View Post
    Play the Song of Time backwards and start over. You will lose any items you're carrying though.
    Zelda reference FTW!!!

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
      ...some good ol' fashioned fun.
      And what would "good ol' fashioned fun" be?

Barn raising? Churning butter? Starting a religion? Religious crusades? Offering human sacrifices to Poseidon in return for a save voyage?

Just wondering.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post

Roll Racism

We usually have two kinds of sandwich rolls behind the counter, white bulkie rolls and wheat kaiser rolls. The bulkies always go faster than the wheat rolls do.

It was just my luck Sunday night that we ran out of them, and we weren't getting any more until the next truck.

People FLIPPED. I didn't it was possible to get angered over a piece of bread. I guess I thought wrong once again.

One kid called me roll racist because we favored wheats over whites....
        Wouldn't that technically be "rollcist?" or "breadcist?" or "loafcist?"

Cheesy Priest

I was coming back from break and the CW who relieved me was standing at the counter with a small pan of Parmesan cheese and was sprinkling some onto a kid's salad. He sees me coming back and tells me he's tossed it over the counter a couple of times like he was baptizing the crisp creations.

In the name of the feta, and of the 'san....
        and of the Holy Cheddar....I now pronounce you Head of the Cheese!

Thanks, Buddy

So to say Sunday sucked is an understatement. We had over 500 people show up for dinner, which is 200 more than we usually do. I had a 40-minute stampede of people at the deli counter which led me to run out of supplies several times, forcing the line to a standstill while I restocked meats and veggies. Every time I looked up, there were at least 15 people in line. It was ridiculous.

Before my shift, a couple friends and I binge-watched The Muppet Show because we are just too awesome like that. One of our favorite clips was this one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN5Mqr6tRlw

So to lift my spirits after dealing with such a stampede, I started whistling the odd little music in the background of that scene. Next thing I hear is this loud "HUGGA WUGGA" from the soda dispensers. I look over and spot one of the Muppet-bingers grinning at me.

I love my friends to death, I really do.
        Anything involving Muppets, Avenue Q and the Lumberjack Song is fun to sing at work
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

You can play the 'song of time' backwards!?

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
            You can play the 'song of time' backwards!?
            Wasn't that how it worked in Majora's Mask? To go back to the start of the first day.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Wasn't that how it worked in Majora's Mask? To go back to the start of the first day.
              Playing the Song of Time slowed time down in LoZ:MM. Playing it normally sent you back to the first day.
              Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                Wouldn't that technically be "rollcist?" or "breadcist?" or "loafcist?"
                No, Loafcist is people who refuse to accept Bat Out Of Hell as the superior song of the modern age!
                Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
                  No, Loafcist is people who refuse to accept Bat Out Of Hell as the superior song of the modern age!
                  Can't argue with that ^_^ I wish they'd put that on Rock Band, just so I can see the look on the "guitarist's" face....
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    Oh I never played it, :-( Only the first one. I do have the Legend of Zelda collection Game Cube CD with it on there I should finally get cracking.

Comment

*cracks whip* get to it. It's amazing.

I'm playing OoT: MQ myself when I get the chance and I'm having a blast with it. Sure puts you in your place, though.

Quoth Jester View Post
                      And what would "good ol' fashioned fun" be?

Barn raising? Churning butter? Starting a religion? Religious crusades? Offering human sacrifices to Poseidon in return for a save voyage?

Just wondering.
                      Okay...don't laugh...but I'm a Harry Potter freak. I love the series. So Boston's science museum is hosting the traveling exhibit, so my circle o' friends are all going together on Sunday after dealing with the MTEL on Saturday. Plus, that museum's just too much fun to go to as it is.

Although religious crusades sounds fun too...after the Cheese Priest thing I could probably work something out.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                        Okay...don't laugh...but I'm a Harry Potter freak.
                        Nothin' wrong with that, Nashida ^_^
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Okay-phew!

I've got my Ravenclaw scarf and my tee that says "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" all ready to go.

We're debating using henna tattoos to put the aforementioned phrase on the backs of our hands.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                            We're debating using henna tattoos to put the aforementioned phrase on the backs of our hands.
                            Hmm...
                            Back of hand phrases? From Harry Potter? Might I suggest "I must not tell lies" instead? Even better, have a nice older lady (in real life, not the character) dress in pink and follow you around for the day...?
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Ah such as it is for jester with his beloved beer, I'd ordain myself a priest of cheese any day.
                              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
                              X