This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Rants

Hello guys, it's my first time posting here but I've been lurking for a while. I have some short rants I really need to get out of my head:

1. If I am ringing up your merchandise, don't wander off somewhere. Stay at the counter!

2. I am here to work, not to find a husband. Stop hitting on me. I actually had a guy who asked where the men's department was and after I told him he said "You know what I would do if I were in charge? I would take you home with me! Hyuk hyuk!" That guy had to have been older than 55.

3. If you use a coupon that does not have today's date written on the back, you cannot use it (unless you're using it for the first time today). Where i work if customers who have the store card get the coupon that they can use all day for one day we have to write the date on the coupon, so that they cannot use it any other day. It will still work on any other day until it expires (which sucks), but hey it's our policy. I've had so many customers argue with me about that.

3a. Read your coupons! If the coupon does not work on your merchandise, it's for a reason. Read your own dang coupon to figure out just what it is instead of making me read it and then argue with me that I'm still wrong.

3b. Stop asking me for coupons. The only coupons we give out at the register are ones you pretty much have to pay for ("charity"), which no one wants until it's too late. Other than that you can only get a discount if you're visiting the city or if you brought a coupon from the newspaper/mail. If you left it at home I can put the item on hold, but DO NOT ask me for coupons. I cannot and will not give you one that someone else has used. I can get in trouble for that.
    Note: I can't get too mad at the customer though, because I do have coworkers who will take a coupon that has been used and apply it to other customers' merchandise. It irritates me every time.

4. You have ten days to get a price adjustment on your merchandise. Not eleven, not twenty eight. Just ten. When I tell you this, DO NOT ask me if you can just return it and repurchase it. That is how we do price adjustments. Also, you're basically telling me your plans. Nice move. I only made one exception for a customer about a year ago because I had another coworker with me that night (I'm usually by myself at night). I told the customer that he could return it and that I could get my coworker to ring him up. I've never made that exception after that, because most of the customers who wanted that just weren't nice enough.

5. If you return something and don't have a receipt, don't be surprised when you don't get all your money back, what what you do get is store credit only. Last summer I had a customer actually try to throw a fit and go to customer service about it after she came back to return something with no receipt, saying that she had paid for it in cash. The price she was getting back was about half the price she'd paid for it, and she could only get it on the store exchange card. This is why when a customer pays for something in cash I repeat at least three times to them that if they need to return it for whatever reason, to bring back their receipt so that they can get back what they paid for.

6. I don't need your life story. A short and simple conversation is okay, but when the transaction is over it's time to wrap things up. It's not fair to the next person in line when you're still talking to me as you're SLOWLY walking away, since I can't focus all my attention on the next person.

Dear me, I've been rambling. That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll come up with more soon.
    Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Quoth SourRobot View Post

2. I am here to work, not to find a husband. Stop hitting on me. I actually had a guy who asked where the men's department was and after I told him he said "You know what I would do if I were in charge? I would take you home with me! Hyuk hyuk!" That guy had to have been older than 55.
    Oh, that's lover-ly. "If I were in charge, I would make you f me! Hyok hyok!"

At least the pervert had the courtesy to out himself as a pervert right there.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

There's a chain of japanese-ish stirfry restaurants out here, I'm not sure how widespread the chain is. Anyway, they've got a bunch of new Thai shrimp items on the menu, and as a promotion, they are running a contest where you can win a trip for 2 to Thailand.

I was getting lunch the other day, and a fat, balding, sweaty & aromatic fellow of about 55 told the girl at the counter (who looked like she was about 14, but was probably slightly older) "Hey, why don't you give me the winning ticket, and I'll take you with me" Har har.

I told him "Hey jackass, if she was gonna risk her job to rig the contest, she'd probably do it for someone she's remotely attracted to, like maybe someone in her own generation who doesn't weigh 6 times what she does."

Not being a total jerk, I try to make it a policy to never hit on a woman while she's working. Ladies of CS, agree/disagree?
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
        Not being a total jerk, I try to make it a policy to never hit on a woman while she's working. Ladies of CS, agree/disagree?
        Also how do you know if they are even interested when right then they are being paid to be nice to you. They may hate you.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Oh, that's lover-ly. "If I were in charge, I would make you f me! Hyok hyok!"

At least the pervert had the courtesy to out himself as a pervert right there.

I just don't understand why all these older men feel that they're the best thing to young girls since...I don't know what, but it's not cute what they're doing. I can't tell them to piss off because then that would be "bad customer service" so now I just ignore them.
          Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
          X