Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are some people so crazy about the receipt?

SC: turkey and meatballs. And I need a copy of the receipt.
    me: Hold on a second - I'm doing a cash drop. Now what was that?
    SC: Turkey, and meatballs. And I need a copy of the receipt.
    Me: Alright. *goes through, prints one receipt and I take it*
    SC: I NEED THE RECEIPT!!!
    Me: I know - this is the merchant copy.
    SC: I NEED THE RECEIPT!!!
    Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
      Plus we don't put signs on our registers that are closed.

People would probably ignore them anyway.
      Of course they would. Just like the people who come up to our front door while we are setting up The Bar in the morning, attempt to open it, are thwarted in said attempt by the fact that it is locked, try again to open it, again are thwarted, and then lean in through the (open) sliding glass door/window and ask, "Are you open?"

Duh.

Quoth SG15Z View Post
      You'd think someone wanting his receipt would also keep track of how much he just paid for the gas.
      To be fair, a lot of people keep track of how much they paid WITH their receipts. Rather than remembering or writing it down. So, since they are used to using receipts, they don't bother looking at the actual readout on the pump.

Mind you, this does not excuse the guy for being a complete douche wagon.

Quoth MilitantLibrarian View Post
      ...since I am not the God of Rain, it wasn't my fault...
      No, that would be Rob McKenna.

And as he drove on, the rain clouds dragged down the sky after him for, though he did not know it, Rob McKenna was a Rain God. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy holidays. All the clouds knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him, to cherish him and to water him.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      I'm working on Christmas Eve this year, what fun.
      Me too. And New Year's Eve. But luckily for me, I work days, and so will have those nights off.

Of course, the problem with that plan is that I also work the day shift for Christmas and New Year's Days, so there is a limit to the amount of Festive Stupidity I am allowed.....
      Last edited by Jester; 12-02-2009, 06:41 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Grocery store my mom shopped at when I was growing up used lights, signs, chains, and pulled carts or display racks into the lane to block it. Customers would STILL go for those lanes.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          No, that would be Rob McKenna.

And as he drove on, the rain clouds dragged down the sky after him for........
          That had me going for a second there, because our State's Attorney General is also named Rob McKenna!

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

I love those books. ^^
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              To be fair, a lot of people keep track of how much they paid WITH their receipts. Rather than remembering or writing it down. So, since they are used to using receipts, they don't bother looking at the actual readout on the pump.
              ugh...when i was growing up, my parents kept meticulous track of gas purchases. they had a notebook in the glove box and every time they fueled up, they'd write down the mileage, how much gas they bought, and how much they spent. then they'd pull out the calculator and figure how many miles per gallon they used between fill-ups. once i was old enough to do simple math...it became my job. to this day, i still don't see the point.
              If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
              ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                ugh...when i was growing up, my parents kept meticulous track of gas purchases. they had a notebook in the glove box and every time they fueled up, they'd write down the mileage, how much gas they bought, and how much they spent. then they'd pull out the calculator and figure how many miles per gallon they used between fill-ups. once i was old enough to do simple math...it became my job. to this day, i still don't see the point.
                It's not so important these days, but in the past, the first indication that you needed a tune up was a decrease in fuel efficiency. Besides, our parents (or grandparents) grew up during the Depression, and grew up keeping track of every penny. I still use my trip-tick to keep track of mileage between fill-ups and estimate my mileage. If/when it gets below about 21 mpg, I know something is wrong. 22-25 is average.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth MilitantLibrarian View Post
                  I have had an instance where a customer asked at our desk for a 5-day weather report, ... who was to blame for the rain they had on a couple of days ? Me of course.
                  If meteorologists can't forcast the weather worth a damn, why does he expect a librarian to be able to do any better?
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                  X