This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, You Can't Use The Black Friday Coupons Anymore

So the wholesale club, in lieu of "door-buster sales," sent out (and gave out to customers leaving the store in the preceding week) Black Friday coupons, valid through the weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), while supplies last.

All of the items listed in the book we had in stock, in good quantities. We did not sell out of any except perhaps some of the TVs.

I knew as soon as I saw them that we were gonna see people trying to use them after the coupons had expired. Because many customers suffer from Selective Reading, right?

Well, yesterday, a SC tried to use a Black Friday coupon on some of her groceries. (Note-- some of the BF coupons WERE for some food items, like olive oil, etc.) Of course, the cashier (who was new) said no. SC insisted we take them. Nope, not happening.

Then the SC tried to claim that we had been sold out of the items on the day she came in over the weekend, and that we should honor the coupons anyway. Nope, not happening, even if you weren't lying. See that line on the coupon, right under the expiration date, that reads "While Supplies Last"?

Nice try, I'd give you points for effort, but why reward Suck?
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

We had a sale a few weeks ago to clear out some room in out warehouse. It ran Monday to Friday, and we even left it over the weekend. Lady came in a week later and demanded the "advertised price". She was told that price was for last week and last week only. Of course she threw a bitch fit and left empty handed.

Comment

aaaand i quote.

SC: i have a coupon for a free tall coffee...can i get a free grande instead?
      Me:...no. no you can't. you can have a tall, though.

people seem to think that coupons are golden tickets to whatever the hell they want. it pisses me off. at least the new girl didn't bend and give the customer the coupon price...props.
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

Our customers are having hissy fits over the freaking register coupons. One prints OUT with EVERY transaction.

That doesn't mean you can use them all at once.

Gah. I hate people.

Had a woman have a meltdown and bitch me out because she couldn't use 3 today. I told her I can only take one per customer per day. If she'd have been less bitchy, she'd have gotten the hint and took herself to another line. Because I'm not the coupon police for other people.

But it was okay for her to be bitchy, see, she was buying stuff for toys for tots.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Charity isn't charity if you're doing it to get something for yourself.
          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            ...why reward Suck?
            Well, that all depends on who's doing the....ah, nevermind!

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
            people seem to think that coupons are golden tickets to whatever the hell they want.
            SC: "What's the deal with happy hour?"
            JESTER: "Two for one on well drinks and domestic non-premium beers."
            SC: "Okay. I'll have a Captain and Coke and a Stella."
            JESTER: "Sir, the two for one is only for well drinks and domestics. Our well rum is Bacardi, not Captain. And Stella is not a domestic."
            SC: "I know, but can't you make an exception just this once? I won't tell if you won't tell."
            JESTER: "That's great. Because I won't tell. I also love my job enough where I am not going to risk it for this. As I tell everyone else, you can have quantity OR quality!"

Something like this happens almost daily. What part of "2 for 1 on selected items only" don't these morons get?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              What part of "2 for 1 on selected items only" don't these morons get?
              The part where they're not the ones making the selections.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Or the part where you're not doing what they want, and that's not faaair!

Comment

Working...
                X