Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Non-Customers Act More Entitled Than the Customers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Non-Customers Act More Entitled Than the Customers?

You know what I'm talking about, right?

People who don't buy anything seem to make the biggest messes and waste more of your time.

Where I work we don't have to deal with that but we get more outright abuse and grief over our FREE products than our rather expensive PAID products. And more craziness from people who want to buy things we don't sell than from people who have bought something we DO sell.

And at the coin shop my husband (Mr. Dips) works most of the craziness comes from people selling things, not buying things...

For example yesterday a guy trying to sell a coin got Mr. Dips' boss so mad he kicked him out of the store. I forget what psuedonym I've used for his boss before so I'm going to call him Tony here. Mr. Dips was sitting around the corner, he could hear everything but he was out of sight of the customer.

Anyhoo a guy came in and told Tony that Tony had offered him $10 for a coin last week and he'd decided to take the deal. Tony didn't remember doing any such thing but took a look at the coin anyway.

"I never would have offered you $10 for this."

They guy argued and demanded he give $10 for the coin and "honor the deal" he had [NOT!] made. Mr. Dips knows Tony very well. You can call him a lot of things, but a liar is NOT one of them. The SC must have sensed that because he changed stories...

"It wasn't you. It was the girl."

Not a bright move since it only compounded the guy's lies. Tony just told him that regardless of who he allegedly spoke with last week, he, Tony, was not going to give him $10 for the coin he was trying to sell today. And he, Tony, was the owner and his word was final. At this point he was shouting...

"And you know what? I'm not going to buy this coin from you for $10. I'm not going to buy this coin from you for $1. Sell it somewhere else. I'm done dealing with you."

The guy actually thought the boss couldn't refuse to buy a coin...

"Is this how you treat your customers?"

Tony...

"Get out of my store."

Then the guy proved he was not only a liar, he was an idiot as well. That special kind of idiot who thinks he's a genius and everyone else is an idiot...

"You can't do that. I work for the Better Business Bureau."

Tony...

"That's great. Get out!"

SC...

"You're a real asshole you know.

Tony...

"Thank you. Now get out!"

At that point Mr. Dips figured he better come around the wall in case it got physical.

As soon as he did, the SC bolted like a bunny rabbit.
    Last edited by Dips; 12-03-2009, 11:51 AM.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Quoth Dips View Post
    "You can't do that. I work for the Better Business Bureau."
    "And? You can't really do anything about how I run my business as it is."

Quoth Dips View Post
    "You're a real asshole you know.
    "Why, thank you. That's high praise coming from someone like you."
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

All that for ten bucks?
      Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

It's not the money, it's the PRINCIPLE of the matter that counts!
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

It's also the people RETURNING things, not buying them, that cause the most grief. goodness.

Comment

We get that type all the time.
            We have never seen them before.and they come in and ask do you buy fish,
            Then tell you they have a fish to sell that is attacking their other fish.
            We say no, and they get all shity about it.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              It's not the money, it's the PRINCIPLE of the matter that counts!
              And yet that's usually spoken by people who are wrong in principle too.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I get to see plenty of people like that at the hobby shop. Quite a few get upset when their rusty old locomotives aren't worth "top dollar" and leave in a huff when they don't get it. They actually get insulted that their dreams of their items being worth millions...get shattered in a NY minute

Sorry folks, the shops exist to make money. If they can't resell your crap, they don't want it. Or, if they do want it, and it *is* crap, don't get pissy when they tell you its only good for parts.

I actually like how my favorite shop gets their older model kits--they'll buy up someone's collection. Most of the more-common kits are sold on, via Ebay or at shows. The rest--early 1980s Tamiya kits--are usually what I end up with.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X