This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
    Then you'd get: "But it's in mint condition. Don't you trust me? Are you accusing me of lying?!?"
    We get that all the time in the used regular books business. They will tell us that a book is in "Mint" condition. First off. books are not minted, they're printed and bound, so the term "Mint" doesn't apply, but I can understand them not using our own jargon. What pisses me off is when they are beat to hell and I reject them for that, they have a fit.

If you lie about the condition over the phone, I didn't waste your gas and time when you come here to sell the books you lied about, You did.

Comment

Okay, as a fellow Houstonian, you CANNOT function in this city and complain about driving or traffic. You'd go insane the first time those stupid lights that don't allow you to turn between certain times trap you in their turn lane of DOOM for 20 minutes while you wait for a break in traffic to get out of the damn thing. Don't even get me started about the stop lights on all the on ramps! I mean, WTH?!?! Coming to a FULL STOP before you merge onto a 6-lane highway with a 65 mph limit = death. Well, for those that don't drive sexy new mustangs. /love car!

As for the response, however hilarious, try "Well, that's not very Christian of you" next time. Lower complaint potential and more catbutt face potential. I mean, what are they going to say in their complaint: "he accused me of being a bad Christian"?
      "Next time, Sir Twatwaffle of Assville, you should mind your own business." - Lupo

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        Then you'd get: "But it's in mint condition. Don't you trust me? Are you accusing me of lying?!?"

In actuality, the book probably has a cover hanging on by a thread, water-damaged pages, and highlighting throughout, and notes that have nothing to do with the subject on every other page.
        to paraphrase quote Ron Weasley in HalfBlood Prince after getting a temp book out of Slughorns office

"This old potions book looks like it was at least puked on"
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 12-06-2009, 05:59 AM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          Surely if she's selling textbooks to Lupo's store, she is a vendor. The store is the customer.
          The bookstore would be the customer. And don't call me Shirley.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

SC: Pleeease? c'mon, it's Chriiiiiiiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaas!!

Well folks, Christmas is officially here. *passes around eggnog*
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

COOL! Eggnog! *passes pumpkin pie and hot chocolate*
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
              X