Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatorade tastes too salty for me. I prefer Powerade. I do live in an area that gets quite hot (over 100F) in summer and commute via public transit.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      Gatorade tastes too salty for me. I prefer Powerade. I do live in an area that gets quite hot (over 100F) in summer and commute via public transit.
      Well, that's just a matter of personal taste. Coke vs. Pepsi, Gatorade vs. Powerade, etc. And those drinks (the sports drinks) are great in hot weather. But I kind of chuckled when I read your comment about it getting "quite hot" in the summer, since I am originally from Phoenix, Arizona, which gets just a tad bit hotter than, say, Sacramento.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Well, that's just a matter of personal taste. Coke vs. Pepsi, Gatorade vs. Powerade, etc. And those drinks (the sports drinks) are great in hot weather. But I kind of chuckled when I read your comment about it getting "quite hot" in the summer, since I am originally from Phoenix, Arizona, which gets just a tad bit hotter than, say, Sacramento.
        I grew up on the Oregon coast, and really don't like temperatures above mid-80s (F). When you have 11 days straight with the highs over 100 (several of those days hit 110+) and the lows never getting below 70, that's just a bit much, IMO.

Mileage of desert-heat natives probably varies.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Good to see I am not the only decaffeinated person here. Just a heads up, though....Barq's has caffeine, which makes it the only root beer that I know that does, as does Sunkist orange soda, which makes IT the only orange soda that I know of that does. (I discovered this after drinking Sunkist for a year, and wondering why I felt so crappy.)
          I already knew about Barq's, which is one of the reasons I miss Utah. Big market for caffeine-free Barq's out there (honest), and is where I picked up a liking for the taste. Haven't had Barq's since we moved, due to the caffeine.

And I, too, prefer Powerade over Gatorade.

As for exercise, I haven't been getting much lately due to being 1.5 weeks away from my duedate and feeling it tremendously in my hips. Once the baby's born, I'm planning on using our copy of Dance Dance Revolution (dance video game, for the unfamiliar) as my aerobic exercise. It's nice, too, because it means I can still sort of keep an eye on the baby, and I don't have to try to find something else to do or go outside during the New England winter (exercise videos bore me, and we don't have any exercise equipment in our apartment). Plus there'll be plenty of lugging baby and baby paraphernalia around, as well as lugging extra laundry up and down the basement stairs every day. And nursing, to boot.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            I grew up on the Oregon coast, and really don't like temperatures above mid-80s (F). When you have 11 days straight with the highs over 100 (several of those days hit 110+) and the lows never getting below 70, that's just a bit much, IMO.

Mileage of desert-heat natives probably varies.
            Without question, it does. I know during the summers here in the Keys, people will go on and on about how "it's soooo hot." And I always say, this isn't hot.

Of course, not only am I from Phoenix, but even some of my fellow Zonies think I am nuts. See, every summer (when I lived there, of course) I would start the hot part of the summer off with a rather unique tradition. The first day it would hit 110 or more that I wasn't working, I would go cycling. A couple things to remember with this. First, all temperatures are measured in the shade. Secondly, there is not a whole hell of a lot of shade in Phoenix. Third, I would do this in the afternoon, around 2 pm-ish, not early in the morning like most cyclists. (I really am not a morning person.) Last time I did this, the vital stats were: 2 pm start time. 113 degrees. 40 miles. So....anyone want to go cycling?

This is not to be taken for arrogance or boasting, by the way. I like the heat. But get me in a somewhat cold situation, and I am the biggest wuss ever. Snow? Ice? Hell no!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Bleah. I don't like it if it gets over 90. Cold I can deal with, I can always put something else on. Hot? There's only so much you can take off and still be socially acceptable

Comment

I've heard people complain about how "hot" it is in Cape May, NJ during the summer. Usually it's in the high-80s (F) to about 90-95 or so. 1997 was different. That year, it was over 100 (F) the entire time we were down there. Hot enough, that whenever the winds would kick up, it was like fire was shooting across the sand
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X