Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, your coupon says "limit 2", not "as much as you want"!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. Peace!

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      OK. Peace!
      Look, I really wasn't trying to start an arguement, I just honestly didn't understand why a) you would assume that she was a nurse, and b) what that had to do with anything. Editing your post and then pretending that you never said that, and then still ignoring the question, just makes you look bad. I guess it doesn't really matter anymore since you did edit the original comment out of your post. Nevermind.

Comment

OK. Have a great day.

Comment

On a related note (to the OT), I once had a customer who got all pissy with me because something rang up as on sale for $3.99 when it was supposed to be 2/$4. Coincidentally, they were nuts, too. The product, I mean. The customer, too. But I was talking about the product.

I figure, "What the heck; the nuts department is just 20 feet from the counter. Let's take a fieldtrip."

Nuts department. Huh-huh. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything funny enough to post to this, so on we go.

And there's the sign: 2/$4 after coupon. And right below that: $3.99 sale price - $1.99 coupon = $2 each.

Of course, the customer triumphantly points out the sign and announces, "See? 2/$4!" Like how could I have doubted her in the first place.

And then I stick a pin into that inflated little ego of hers: "Yes. 2/$4 after coupon. You do have the coupon, don't you?"

And of course, since the coupon happens to be in our monthly circular, I get to go on to be the hero by saying, "That's OK. I'll cover you this time. :wink:"

All in all, a mildly satisfying encounter.
          Last edited by pbmods; 12-10-2006, 12:29 AM. Reason: Misc. Aesthetics
          "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
          -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth captainvegetable02 View Post
            Look, I really wasn't trying to start an arguement, I just honestly didn't understand why a) you would assume that she was a nurse, and b) what that had to do with anything. Editing your post and then pretending that you never said that, and then still ignoring the question, just makes you look bad. I guess it doesn't really matter anymore since you did edit the original comment out of your post. Nevermind.
            I know this is more than a week old, but I was just looking through, getting caught up and I saw this.

This entire line of posting was inexcusable.

If you had bothered to look at the first post, you would see that there is a note saying that I edited the post.

In the future, if you have a problem with a post, please do not call another member out in a thread, but use the report button instead. That is why it was there.

Just so you know, it is the ! button at the top of the post.

And, for the record, she was probably wearing a nurse's uniform. They do wear uniforms, you know.
            I didn't find it derogatory at all to mention that she was a nurse.
            That's like taking offense if he had mentioned that she was a police officer or belonging to some other profession.
            Last edited by Ree; 12-28-2006, 02:32 AM.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

*devil's advocate*

possibly, the nurse comment came into play about simple mathmatics, which is a part of a nurse's training-they have to be able to do drug dose calculations, and if she was a nurse, then she should have been able to do the math.

*considered being a nurse until she realised she has little to no sympathy for people*
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post

*considered being a nurse until she realised she has little to no sympathy for people*
                LOL well, then, that's usually a pretty good reason not to go into that field.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post

And now we know why Greg House is a DOCTOR.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't know what it is- but at least 80% of the time I go to Walgreens, I get stuck behind people like that. I don't get it. We go there because we have a child and it's the one pharmacy around here that's always open- children seem to prefer to get sick and need medicine at 3 am on a major holiday. Anyone who thinks God doesn't have a sense of humor hasn't spent a holiday in ER with a sick kid. Anyway, sorry to go off a bit there.

Every time, it seems, I get stuck behind people who:
                    forgot their wallet in the car
                    can't find their coupons
                    can't remember which credit card has room on it
                    are older than dirt and can't remember where they are
                    want some limited edition thing that sold out eons ago, and want a raincheck
                    want some item that they obviously don't carry (raincoats, jumper cables, CB radio, etc.)

or some other ridiculous time-wasting crap. It's like there's an idiot magnet inside every store that sucks them all in. If there's more than two people in line, I usually just ask the photo department or the pharmacy really nicely if they'll ring me up instead. They give me the knowing glance and always say yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X