This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• money pusher

This is a thread that I am sure has been seen a thousand times before. I just got hired on a retail job for pretty decent money so I took it. I haven't worked in retail for almost two years so I haven't had a whole lot of stories. I was working the register and something I never do is pick money up off the counter.
    There was this one lady that placed her money and change at the very edge of the counter furthest from me. I just patiently waited ready to receive the money. It was so hilarious for the next minute the lady just kept nudging the money closer and closer. The witch eventually had pushed it enough times that some of the change fell off the counter. I was thinking about this website the whole time during that experience.

OMG I hate that. When I worked retail I used to put their change/card back on the counter if they didn't have the manners to hand it to me.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Having read many of these threads before it's seems a bit of a lose/lose situation. Some people hate being handed money, some hate it being put on the counter.

Personally I hand it to people unless the counter is designed to force it otherwise.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

In some cultures, it's considered rude to place money in the person's hand.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
        X