This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Calud View Post
    Anything with wheels and a place to stand/sit on is unsafe. That is half the fun of those things!

Ah, but the Schwinn comes with an optional seat and basket! Awwww....
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      I remember lawn darts! I was supremely ticked off when they were taken off the market. When I heard why the only thing I could wonder was where were the parents to make sure the kid wasn't in the line of fire.
      Exactly. Our family used lawn darts all the time. We kids knew darned well we needed to stay out of the play area, and why, so we did. Simple common sense, something that apparently isn't common any more.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I still have my lawn darts.

Lawn Darts got replace with those weighted thingies, I think, right?
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
          This is why scooters, bikes, skates, swing sets and like toys come with so many warnings about the dangers involved in the use of the toy, and why there are specific instructions included on the box regarding helmets, pads, etc. for whenever the scooter is used.
          Of course many toys 30 years ago didn't come with those warnings. Nobody wore helmets when riding a bike then. People just didn't think about it, nor was anyone as "lawsuit-happy" as people are now. That's not to say that we didn't get injured as children...but it was simply accepted that "kids will be kids" and life went on
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X