This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.99-1.00= 1.99! (Longish)

I worked Christmas Eve morning, and of course it was busy busy busy, like it is every year. I had an older guy come to me. Aid of Rite brand prunes were 1.99 on sale, Sunsweet brand prunes were regular price, 2.99. Our brand and Sunsweet brand have the same colored bag, a bright yellow, but the Sunsweet brand has a GIANT logo on it and a different look to ours. Keep in mind it is Christmas Eve, and even in the morning we have lines from here to just about the pharmacy out back.

Old guy bought the Sunsweet brand, Aid of Rite brand raisins, Aid of Rite apricots and chips and dip, his total came up to $10 and some change. He shows me that week's ad showing Aid of Rite brand prunes being 1.99. I tell him that he picked up the Sunsweet brand and it is 2.99, The ad shows Aid of Rite brand at 1.99, has the logo and everything. I ring him out and he goes on his way.

Or not. 2 minutes later he comes up to me, slaps the prunes and the receipt on the counter and says, "You overcharged me!"

"No I didn't, this is Sunsweet brand."

"*pulls out the ad again* No, it's 1.99".

"That's Aid of Rite brand. That's a different brand."

"..."

"..."

"*he looks at the bag* But it's prunes."

"But this is not our brand. This is Sunsweet, a brand name. It's more money. It's a dollar more."

"..."

"...Do you want to switch it out for the Aid of Rite brand?"

"*he grabs the Sunsweet brand and puts it back on the shelf, and then goes to fetch the Aid of Rite brand* Ok."

"...Did you already put back the Sunsweet brand?"

"Yeh."

"I need the bag back. *I roll my eyes inwardly and go back to fetch the Sunsweet prunes, which he has placed in the 1.99 spot. i process the return and tell him to have a good Christmas*

"*He looks at the receipt* But this is wrong!"

"How so?"

*Pulls out the flyer for this week again, shows me the prunes at 1.99* Why is it 2.99?"

"Because I returned the Sunsweet brand and gave you the Aid of Rite brand, which is a dollar less."

"I don't get it."

"Well, why? *I pull out a pen* 2.99-1.00 is 1.99, right?"

"Right."

"I gave you back the right change."

"I don't get it."

"It's a dollar less. Here's your dollar!"

*he puts his hand on it, drags it towards him, takes his time gathering up his stuff, stuffing the dollar into a filthy wallet and before he leaves...*

"I still don't get it".

AY-YI-YI-YI-YI!!!!!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

I'm seriously wondering what those orderlies are doing instead of making sure the old folk don't escape the home.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Sounds like he sure needed them prunes!

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Hey, not being able to go makes you all cranky.... he really seemed to need an extra prune dose with that level of crank.
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          I'm seriously wondering what those orderlies are doing instead of making sure the old folk don't escape the home.
          If crazy people didn't get to Rank Aid the entire drugstore chain would go out of business.

Comment

Blas: Well, it was Christmas Eve. I'm sure the orderlies might've had a bit too much wassail or eggnog.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
              Blas: Well, it was Christmas Eve. I'm sure the orderlies might've had a bit too much wassail or eggnog.
              My best guess is they left the eggnog on the table and drank up all the RUM.

As for Prune Guy: I think he needs something more powerful than prunes.

Preferably in the form of a hysterectomy to remove someone's foot from his ass.

Why no, officer . . . that old man just walked backwards right into my foot.
              Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 12-29-2009, 11:00 PM.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

Preferably in the form of a hysterectomy to remove someone's foot from his ass.
                I don't think he needs a hysterectomy as HE doesn't have a UTERUS.
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                  I don't think he needs a hysterectomy as HE doesn't have a UTERUS.
                  Are you sure? We had one pregnant man and the constipation could be pregnancy related...

Comment

Sounds like he needs new glasses and a big giant clue by 4!

Comment

Working...
                    X