Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a customer call me a dyke once as he was hanging up on me. I looked over my wall and said "a customer just called me a dyke. How did he know that" with this really distressed look on my face to which my co-worker burst out laughing.

Comment

my personal favorite is being called communist for not having "unfit for command" in stock. i gave him a "wtf" look and went about my business.
      Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

I got called a dick, asshole, fucker, motherfucker, and dick again in one sentence tonight by a woman who was mad that I wouldn't stop traffic for her so she could get to the freeway. Even better was that my coworker two aisles down could hear her.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
          You were clear, I was joking. Sorry if it came across as an insult.
          No offense taken. I just really wanted to clarify, because it did seem a bit confusing.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

The worst thing I can remember getting called is "Muthafuckin' bitch." The reason? I, along with two other cashiers, was monitoring the self-checkout because said offenders were known shoplifters who got mad at us for not turning our backs on them so they could steal
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Some of our customers do weird things, but using foul language isn't one of them. The worst things I've been called personally were "unreasonable" (for asking for a serial number to prove the caller had legal software and was entitled to free tech support) and "difficult" (for not giving a caller a serial number which belonged to someone else, not him).

I was collectively included in "highway robbers" (because we refused to provide free tech support to a pirate until he paid for the software) and "greedy bastards" (because we didn't tell a caller about a competing freeware product, which he managed to find on his own anyway).

Pretty mild stuff, comparitively.
              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I think the worst was being called a bitch.
                by an up-to-then sweet 10(?) year old girl.

my crime? she asked if we sold lizards, and I said 'no, I'm sorry, we don't'
                She said 'thanks....Ya BITCH!'
                The thing was, it was a phone call, so she hung up straight after, and I was just standing there, holding the phone, with my jaw on the floor.

I have been called worse names, but that was the memorable one.
                "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

I rarely get called names, at least not where I can hear. Maybe because I can...I dunno...get them kicked outta the college? I'm sure some of my students call me names behind my back, but those are the ones that want a passing grade but refuse even to come to class, much less do the minimum required work.
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I dont tend to get called names much, it does help that i'm 6'8, but i;ve had my fair share of knocks and scrapes, including the chap who broke my nose then threw me on the floor and stamped on my chest, all for a couple of CDs, ah well, he's still lanquishing in prison for that one though.

Stay Safe
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth BiscuitMunroe View Post
                      I had a customer call me a dyke once as he was hanging up on me. I looked over my wall and said "a customer just called me a dyke. How did he know that" with this really distressed look on my face to which my co-worker burst out laughing.
                      I had the exact same thing (different gender) on my first week on the phone. This guy was cursing me up and down, "fucking faggot this" "queerbait that." I went around the rest of the day asking people "do I sound THAT gay?"
                      At least Adam and Steve don't have to worry about leaving the toilet seat up

Comment

Out shopping on Thursday I got called "white trash slut" that was "uglier than a scabby chihuahua's ass". It was so rediculous I laughed. "What, you like being ugly, you stupid bitch?"

"Nah, its just you're the one that has to look at me, so what do I care how ugly I am?"

Rhyme my dad taught me in childhood that Teddy Roosevelt (supposedly) sang when he was drunk:

I know how ugly I are,
                        My face it ain't no star.
                        But I do not mind it for I am behind it
                        You folks out in front get the jar, har har.
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                        X