Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your baby caused a CRITICALLY EPIC FAIL.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Cazzi View Post
    Ahhh but you haven't lived until you've ...
    Found a 25mm (1 inch) beetle... whole!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

.... >.>

I'm sticking with cats.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Mr. Mom

Worst I ever found was one of those balls from the Magnetix kits, because my older son has the memory of a pregnant goldfish. You can tell which one it was, because it has a lovely rainbow acid wash finish, as opposed to the steel of the rest.
        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Another reason I'm so glad I'm not having kids. A puppy with the stomach flu was bad enough!

The female entity (I won't call her a mother) who left that mess for you guys to clean up is one of the reasons disease is so prevalent. What an idiot!!

Cookies to the manager who fell in it. I would have burned my clothes.

Comment

This is partly why I enjoy doing event security. I very rarely have to deal with little kids in my areas let alone have to deal with something like this. Cleaning staff or event staff would be forced to deal with that not me.
            Telling a cop, "My taxes pay your salary!" is dumb.
            Telling a cop you demand your shit without paying taxes is even more dumb.
            -Automan Empire

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Sorry about that, Shalom. Fortunately, it was cleanable.

Gross info following; highlight to read:These epic poops are not that common; usually, it's about the size of half a tennis ball or smaller. And you will get used to changing dirty diapers, though if you have a boy, it's best to do it very quickly to avoid an impromptu shower as well.

I strongly suggest you get a large diaper bag with a changing pad, lots of disposable wipes, lots of diapers, at least one spare outfit (I'd toss in a onesie or sleeper also, just in case) and perhaps a towel or receiving blanket. Bring it with you everywhere you bring the baby. Better to be overprepared than not prepared at all.

Also, if you have a boy, have a stack of washcloths next to the changing area. That way, you can put a washcloth over the little boy part and (hopefully) you won't get an impromptu shower!

Comment

As a new mommie... I carry
                3 onsies
                1 sleeper
                1 changing pad
                1 container wipes
                2 blankets
                2 sets of socks
                3 cloth diapers
                diapers
                2 wash cloths
                oh and 2 plastic baggies the zip kind

And I would never leave a mess like that... god some parents erk me... oh and cloth diapers make great pepsi cleaner upers.. as I shot pepsi out my nose from laughing so dang hard.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                  Worst I ever found was one of those balls from the Magnetix kits, because my older son has the memory of a pregnant goldfish.
                  Serious note: Beware of small magnets and kids. One all by it's lonesome isn't much of an issue, but more than one can be life-threatening.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I know it's life-threatening, but, how exactly?
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I don't know when it happened, but a toddler had managed to swallow two small and not-very-strong magnets, and while they were in his digestive tract, they got close enough to stick to each other, blocking his system. It wasn't caught early enough and the child ended up dying due to it.

Here's a link to a 2007 update to a 2006 recall on some toy set:
                      http://www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PREREL/PRHTML07/07164.html

^-.-^

Comment

OK I'm not a mum, but I am a Nanny. Even if it was a short walk somewhere and I didn't need to bring the whole nappy bad I STILL made sure to bring:

plastic bags,
                        spare nappy
                        wipes
                        tissues
                        and at LEAST one shange of clothing.

I also keep a first aid kit in the car and one in my bag.

If I am every without any of these items I run to the closest store and get them.

And no, these are what I keep on hand (part from the clothes) that I got with my own money to make sure I'm NEVER left without!
                        I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          I don't know when it happened, but a toddler had managed to swallow two small and not-very-strong magnets, and while they were in his digestive tract, they got close enough to stick to each other, blocking his system. It wasn't caught early enough and the child ended up dying due to it.
                          Yep. We were glad it was just 1 of the steel balls. I heard him coughing (and then yelling, so no blocked airway, thankfully), called the doc, who examined him and sent him for an X-ray. Couldn't find anything. A couple of days later, guess what I found in the diaper?
                          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                          X