This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platinum Sombrero of Sucky Customers!

Bonus points if anyone knows what a Platinum Sombrero is.

If I've said this once, I've said it a million times....almost every time I cover a break for a cashier....something happens....especially when I cover for Angelica. I don't know what it is, but it always gets either really busy, making me have to go flat out, or I get problem customers.....

Yesterday, I covered for Angelica's 15 minute break. It turned out to be a lively 15 minutes.

1) Woman comes up with a piece of plastic that has two button batteries embedded in it. It turns out it's for an electric dog collar, and she needed replacements. Except she had no clue what type of battery it was, and the batteries were jammed in place so tightly she couldn't get them out. Evidently, she expected that we'd take care of that for her, even though it's something we don't even sell, let alone support. I ended up turning her over to a technician.

2) Husband and wife tag team that tried to do a fraudulent return of ink cartridges. It was very poorly executed, and Focker and I shut them right down.

3) Guy comes in to return a digital picture frame that didn't work properly. He went off on an acerbic rant about what a piece of shit it was, and how poor the manufacturer's customer service (or lack thereof) is, and then demanded contact information for my company's senior buyer so he could tell him not to buy from that company any more. since it reflects badly on OUR company. All I could tell him was that if we wanted to lodge such a complaint, he'd need to contact the home office. Honestly though, bitching like that at the store level is a waste of time, since we have no influence on that sort of thing.

4) Guy walks in the front door, marches over to me, and angrily demands to know when Rewards are issued because "you owe me $60." I then got to endure another acerbic rant, this time about how "terrible" the program is because he didn't get his money "immediately." He seemed to only be complaining about points he'd earned in December, which have NOT been issued yet. Hell, I work for the company, an I have yet to receive MY rewards check.

And again, all I could tell him was that if he was having an issue with his Rewards Account, he'd need to contact the Rewards Center, because I have no access to that stuff at the store level. He then ranted and raved some more, and kept saying "you you you," then said "not that I'm saying it's YOUR fault."

Right.....that's exactly why you're yelling at ME!

5) Right on the heels of the Rewards Ranter (all five of these were in the same 15 minute period, but the last two were back to back) I get a guy who prefaces the conversation with this gem.

"I'm one of your best customers."

No....you're not. The very fact that you feel compelled to point it out means that you are not.

Turns out he'd bought a 500 pack of unruled 3x5 index cards, and wanted to exchange them for ruled cards.........sans receipt

SC: That's no problem since I'm one of your best customers, right?

(Stop saying that!)

Me: No sir, it's no problem, I'll just need to process the exchange in the sys--

SC: But I just want to swap these for the ones with lines! I didn't realize these were blank!

(Obviously "unruled" didn't register with you, eh?)

Me: I understand that sir, but since that has a different item number, I HAVE to process it in the system as an exchange.

SC: Oh ok....now, while you're taking care of that, there's a few other things I'm going to look for. *starts to walk away!*

Me: Ah....no, sir....you need to be here for me to complete the exchange, and without a receipt, I'll need to see your driver's license.

SC: Oh.....but I just want to exchange them!

Thankfully, Angelica came back then, so she got to finish up with that guy while I grabbed the ruled index cards for him.

Ah, quite an aggravating 15 minutes, but I kept my cool the whole time.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

no clue what type of battery it was
    Strike one...

she couldn't get them out
    Strike two...

it's something we don't even sell
    Strike three. (repeat x4)

Comment

What happened with the ink scam?
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        Bonus points if anyone knows what a Platinum Sombrero is.
        IIRC, it's a baseball player striking out five times in one game?

Man, the trivia one picks up around the hooch on deployments.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          IIRC, it's a baseball player striking out five times in one game?

Man, the trivia one picks up around the hooch on deployments.
          I figured it was related to a "hat trick" but had to google it for a more precise definition. Do I get partial credit?
          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            What happened with the ink scam?
            Basically, they'd discarded some of the packaging so as to make a twin pack look like two individual cartridges, lied about when they bought them, and tried to get us to take them back in a way that would net them more money than they paid, well after the return period had ended.
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
            X