This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I am so incompetant...

I work in a call centre, dealing with internet sales and billing enquiries, and I answered the phone as usual and the following conversation ensues...

There is lot's of swearing on the customers part (you have been warned). The customer was yelling and spoke so fast it was pretty much impossible to understand him....

SC = Sucky Customer
    Me = Me

Me: "Thank you for calling .... You're speaking with scorpionf, how can I help with your internet enquiry today?"
    SC: "Now you listen f*ckingto me, I was put on f*cking* hold and the f*cking idiot told me they were transferring me to another f*cking department, and they f*cking hung up on me and all I want is the f*cking discount that I was f*cking promised and I keep f*cking calling and keep getting told it will be on my next f*cking bill and it never f*cking is, instead that f*cking idiot f*cking hung up on me so I have to waste my money calling you f*cking idiots again”
    Me: “Do you have your account number there so that I can locate your account and investigate that for you?”
    SC: “No, I don’t f*cking have my account number, you should be able to find my f*cking account without me giving you the f*cking account number”
    Me: “Can I please confirm your full name and date of birth?”
    SC: “Sucky Customer, 10/11/1966” (I typed this into notepad so I would not have to ask him again when I found his account)
    Me: “Do you have the main email address associated with your account?”
    SC: *prattles off email address so fast I have no chance of understanding him*
    Me: “would you please be able to spell that out for me?”
    SC: *spells it out so fast I have no idea what he has just spelled out*
    Me: “I did not catch that, would you please be able to repeat that?”
    SC: “How f*cking incompetant are you that you cannot even find my f*cking account, I want to speak with your f*cking supervisor but before you do that you better f*cking give me your staff ID number because I am reporting you to the f*cking ombudsman” (while he is ranting and raving, I found his account by the slowest search method – using his name)

Me:”I am unable to give out my staff ID number, as it is against company policy and it makes up a part”
    SC: (cuts me off) “By law you are required to give me your staff ID when I ask for it”
    Me: “We are not required by law to give out our staff ID numbers and as I have already”
    SC: (cuts me off again) “I want to speak to your f*cking supervisor right fu*cking now so I can tell them how f*cking incompetant you f*cking are, you could not even find my f*cking account”
    My supervisor then took over the call, refused to give out his staff Id and also tried to explain to the customer why we could not get it out, and he then wanted to make a formal complaint about my supervisor too, so my supervisor gave him the customer relations address to put his complaint in writing. The customer did not even get to speak to the department he needed to, to get the discount applied because he spent sp much time abusing me and my supervisor that the department had been closed for 20 mins... So he would have had to have called back the followin day to speak to them about the discount, because he could not be transferred to them

On the plus side, my supervisor did not just take the customers side, and actually said to the customer “If you were talking to my staff the way you are talking to me, I am not surprised it took her a couple of minutes to find your account”

What a tool.

Sounds like he has some anger issues as well.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Odd. Why have staff I.D. numbers if not to give out to customers?

Comment

If you were talking to my staff the way you are talking to me, I'm not surprised you were hung up on.

I mean seriously. You're required to put up with that crap!?!
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Lots42 View Post
          Internal use only. For example, I had an I.D. number so I could access the system for time entry, sales, and IT support. At no point does a customer ever needed to know that number.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

To bad you couldn't have just said "certainly my staff id # is 666'
            Since so many people wrongly believe that to be the number of the beast. (it is believed that the correct translation of the number is actually 616).

Comment

Quoth scorpionf View Post
              SC: "Now you listen f*ckingto me, I was put on f*cking* hold and the f*cking idiot told me they were transferring me to another f*cking department, and they f*cking hung up on me and all I want is the f*cking discount that I was f*cking promised and I keep f*cking calling and keep getting told it will be on my next f*cking bill and it never f*cking is, instead that f*cking idiot f*cking hung up on me so I have to waste my money calling you f*cking idiots again”
              [snippage]
              SC: “No, I don’t f*cking have my account number, you should be able to find my f*cking account without me giving you the f*cking account number”
              [snippage]
              SC: “How f*cking incompetant are you that you cannot even find my f*cking account, I want to speak with your f*cking supervisor but before you do that you better f*cking give me your staff ID number because I am reporting you to the f*cking ombudsman”
              [snippage]
              SC: (cuts me off again) “I want to speak to your f*cking supervisor right fu*cking now so I can tell them how f*cking incompetant you f*cking are, you could not even find my f*cking account”
              I hope I'm not the only one that had visions of "Napster Bad" (NSFW) in my head while reading all this f-bomb-filled ranting...

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If that was one of our customers, I'd have had an e-mail sent to the rep, rep's manager, and the rest of senior management before the phone call was oops, disconnected. We have only once cancelled the contract of a customer because of how abusive they were with me over things that could have been taken care of had the owner of the business been calm and rational.
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                  Since so many people wrongly believe that to be the number of the beast. (it is believed that the correct translation of the number is actually 616).
                  Depends how you spell the name of the Beast in question.

The gematria of נרון קסר (Neron Cæsar, in the Aramaic pronunciation) is 666. If you spell the name without the final N, it becomes נרו קסר (Nero Cæsar, which is how the Romans pronounced it), which equals 616.

Just in case you were wondering...

Comment

Quoth Lots42 View Post
                    Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    Internal use only. For example, I had an I.D. number so I could access the system for time entry, sales, and IT support.
                    Some companies also use it for payroll information.

I've held several jobs and NONE of them had a staff ID number but you'd be surprised how many people have asked for my coworkers numbers.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Speaking of 616, that is the number Marvel Comics uses to designate their main continuity.

Comment

Quoth Lots42 View Post
                        Speaking of 616, that is the number Marvel Comics uses to designate their main continuity.
                        Wait, they HAVE a main continuity?
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Lots42 View Post
                          That's Claremont's fault. He called it 616 during Excalibur's "The Cross Time Caper". I wish it had been Simonson who had numbered it, as he came up with the Time Variance Authority which would presumably have access to a larger catalogue of worlds.
                          Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                            Or 665, the neighbor of the Beast....
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                              Or 665, the neighbor of the Beast....
                              Austin Lounge Lizards FTW
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X