Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donating Suck/The Wrong Kind Of Flattery.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating Suck/The Wrong Kind Of Flattery.

A twofer this time, woohoo!

Donating Suck

At Aid of Rite, we're currently running a fund through the Red Cross for people to donate to Haiti. Luckily, most people have donated with a hearty "Yes!" others have turned me down with a polite "No." One guy GROWLED that he hated the Haitians and to leave him alone. Ok...

The Wrong Kind of Flattery

I can't stand this woman. She's always so clipped and curt and rude to everyone else but me, I always seem to get a warm smile from her, like that of an indulging grandparent. But she's a downright BITCH to everyone else. I don't like her for that reason. She also likes to set things aside to be on hold for ten billion years until we put them away because she never picks them up. (As an aside, Double Bag Bitch also seems to be warming up to me... )

She comes in, sees me on the register and as usual, hangs about and reads her magazines up front for some time. I pull my register for C to put in, count it down and go off to work my way through the pull report for today (slow going since I just learned how to do it) and the lady comes up to manager J with things to buy (gasp!).

"No! That Christmas stuff should be 90% off!"

"Ok ma'am, I'll be right back *goes back to check, comes up* Yes it is, I'll fix that for you."

"Oh for God's sake can't you do ANYTHING right?!?"

"I am, I'm fixing it for you. *fingers flying over keyboard*"

"No! You know what, take it all off! I don't want it! I want ralerin to do it!"

"Um, she's actually not in the register right now."

"But she was right there!"

"She's gone to take care of our backstock."

"Oh, fine. You do it, then! *drums fingers* And HURRY UP! I have things to do!"

*manager J looks at the long line behind her, then at the basket of stuff she has, says nothing, keeps going, people are starting to stare at her and make wtf faces*

"Here's your stuff ma'am."

"GOD! Took you long enough! *snatch and walk off*"

Should I feel bad for manager J that he got this bitchy woman, or sorry for myself that she and Double Bag Bitch seem to like me now even though I can't stand them?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill
Working...
X