X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the pizza story...just wow.

To Jester- just wow.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

When I worked as a waitress/short order cook you we would receive outlandish requests....This being a fast food dine in resturant of sorts these requests were more than annoying...Had many order their toast this way their were those who wanted their french fries soft not hard barely cooked but not raw...one lady wanted everything on it's own seperate plate...right down to the toast! I can understand preferences but we were slammed 90% of the time and with just one cook and waitress then was just plain mean.

Comment

Conversation I had with a waiter at a nice dinner at my father in law's
        golf club:

Me: I'd like the tuna steak.
        Waiter: How would you like it?
        Me: Raw, actually.
        Waiter: Uh...
        Me: No, seriously. I want it raw. I like my tuna raw.
        Waiter: Um...look, I don't think the chef is...going to be cool sending a slab of RAW FISH out of the kitchen....
        Me: It's sushi grade, right?
        Waiter: Well, yes, it is.
        Me: Okay. If it will make your chef happy, tell him he may sear it. But I'm not joking, I'd like it raw on the inside.
        Waiter: (defeated sigh) You're serious.
        Me: I'm serious.

(beat)
        Waiter: You're a sushi girl, then.
        Me: How'd you ever guess?

I made sure to leave him a big tip!

Comment

Every time I've ever ordered tuna/ tuna steak, it has always been served to me pretty much raw. Basicaly slapped and seared so that the only cooked part was maybe as thick as...well a very thin orange peel. The one time someone at my table asked for their tuna to be well done, they were chastized with an eye roll.

Comment

Why would anyone want to eat well-done tuna steak anyway? It would be like eating a big thick pile of cardboard. i don't much care for rare steak, but even I will eat fairly rare tuna.
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

My husband says that I probably drive wait staff nuts, because I want things a certain way. If they can't do it, that's fine, just give me a minute to pick something else out to eat.

At least we tip well.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I like my fish raw, too. I won't eat tuna that's been cooked...(unless it's the stuff that comes in a can and you can mix with mayo...) Actually, I don't like any fish cooked. Except shellfish- like shrimp and lobster- otherwise...Raw please!!!
                I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

My youngest brother is really likes his meat on the very rare side. One time the server was obviously grossed out by his wanting it bloody, so I spoke up and said "Honey, Don't worry about cooking it too much. Just wipe it's nose and it's rear-end and drive it out here and he'll eat it." was my answer.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Because they absolutely LOST it laughing when I handed them the check. Burned, of course. And when I say burned, I mean with grill marks on it. Yes, from the grill.

That was one of my prouder moments. And they were (and still are) very nice people.
                    You totally rock!

(For years, I ordered my meat charcoal-y. It made me happy. Made my husband disgusted )
                    0 Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care, thou are the object of desire to the scholar. This is the beverage of the friends of God. -In Praise of Coffee, 1511

Daranacon - because we're not crazy enough

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_FIwX1tb8

YEAH TOAST!
                      ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Working...
                      X