This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jetfire View Post
    Hehe Ron James has that sort of addressing as part of his act; going on about how to get an address in the Maritimes you need to know the history of the county because all directions are given like that. Granted the directions tend to give you that history lesson too but that doesn't help much. :P
    Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure RJ is related to my mother-in-law. Completely ignoring the fact that I'd only been in Nova Scotia 3 months, not my whole life, her directions were "Go down to the corner and turn left, then turn right at the house that used to be white, go up there until you get to where the big rock used to be and it's three mailboxes past the old spring."

I've spent many lovely afternoons butt lost in the backwoods of Nova Scotia, lemme tell ya.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth SorryIsGoodEnough View Post
      There is a domestic violence protection program.

She could just be on that.
      Certainly possible. Or more likely, she could be just a pain in the ass bitch with an attitude problem.

I vote for the second one. I think her kid would agree.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

During deer season we went down to Colome, SD to hunt on my great-Aunt and Uncle's land. Colome is in the middle of nowhere and there wasn't any 911 service at all - enhanced or otherwise. My Aunt had the directions to their farm written down next to the phone with the numbers for the fire and police depts. East on road whatever for 4 miles, turn left at the blue house, go another 3 miles, turn at the old whatsis farm and etc.'

When enhanced 911 was started in my brother's subdivision outside Lead they were told they had to name the road near their house. For some unknown reason their first choice was rejected - Deer Duds Road and so was their next choice - Dead Deer Road. The county commisioners don't have a sense of humour.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
          Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure RJ is related to my mother-in-law. Completely ignoring the fact that I'd only been in Nova Scotia 3 months, not my whole life, her directions were "Go down to the corner and turn left, then turn right at the house that used to be white, go up there until you get to where the big rock used to be and it's three mailboxes past the old spring."
          Sounds like my dad. We do delivers out into the rural area he grew up and we get directions including past the corner where George rolled the truck, turn at that place that was a pub 40 years ago and the it became a bakery(I kid not oldest brother is 27 but he talks about events and places from before any of us where born)

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
            For some unknown reason their first choice was rejected - Deer Duds Road and so was their next choice - Dead Deer Road. The county commisioners don't have a sense of humour.
            By that same logic, there should be no 911 service in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.
            Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
              When enhanced 911 was started in my brother's subdivision outside Lead they were told they had to name the road near their house.
              They did the same thing in the area where my mom and stepdad live. A lot of people named their roads after themselves. My mom and stepdad live on their own private road, so they named theirs "Private Drive."

Getting back to my dad's story, here's a couple pics of his place on "BS Road", and the corresponding sign.
              Attached Files
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
              X