• Show
Clear All

Raw oatmeal tastes good.
    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
      Raw oatmeal tastes good.
      As long as you don't get so much in your mouth that it outruns your spit production.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That's why you have the sugar dish and a spoon handy. Spit production. OR grab the milk jug.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
          I use the quick cook oatmeal--not the minute stuff or the steel cut stuff--and throw frozen fruit in before nuking it. With blackberries and just enough sugar, it tastes like cobbler. *drool*
          This intrigues me. I must experiment.
          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
            I work for the Canadian hockey coffee and donut place, and we started Oatmeal back last... March? It's weird how we make it since it varies from store to store, and employee to employee. Being that I've worked at 2 locations, there are definately some variance when I make it, and when someone else makes it.

I use half the water and cook it for half the time and it tastes a lot better than when they make it the way the sheet says (It definately looks like gruel and is VERY watery)

To be honest, I never liked "real" oatmeal. I grew up with those little microwave packet ones that had all sorts of flavors. 2 of those with only the amount of milk for 1 packet.

I liked REALLY thick oatmeal

Hey fellow Hockey Donut/Coffee chain slave worker here too! You are so right about the variations. One of my coworkers makes it too thick, the other too thin...etc. There has to be a better way. We did find out that if the water isn't boiling the oatmeal does come out too thin.

Comment

Working...
            X