This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo units and the SCs who abuse them

We have a Rock Band demo unit at work at enables people to to play the game using any (or all) of the instruments (guitar, drum or mic). You'd think they'd treat the machine with a little respect, but in the time we've had it's had to have the instruments replaced twice due to abuse and it won't be too long before replacement three is needed.

I have witnessed the following SC behavior with this demo kit:

- People doing their best Pete Townshend impression with the guitars

- People who really, really shouldn't be singing on the mic, especially those who are drunk beforehand (we share a parking lot with a restaurant/bar)

- A stupid teenage kid who purposely snapped both our drumsticks into pieces

- A kid who started using the drumsticks to smash to the screen of the unit

- Numerous people who bang the drums way too hard

- Kids who fight over which guitar they want to play (both are identical )

- Someone who started shaking the unit while their friends were playing and nearly caused it to fall over.

- Someone stole the top part of the drum pedal.

- Various foodstuffs/stickers/other random substances all over the machine.

- People who scream into the mic.

Sadly I don't have the ability to shut the unit from the counter (oh how I wish I did!) so I have no way to discreetly put a stop to this behavior. A couple of the drunks I kicked out, but for the other folks I usually just tell them to go easy on the machine.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

So that explains why when I wanted to try Rock Band at my local Best Buy, the drum pads were all punched in, only one guitar worked, yet the yellow button was permanently stuck. Needless to say, I couldn't play.

I really hate people sometimes.
    Here's your sign...

Comment

I sure hope these people never go to a petting zoo!
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I've seen wrecked/destroyed video game demo machines at Wallie World ever since the N64 era. Why do they even bother with them?

Comment

It's that DAMN Rock-N-Roll I tell Ya! It's gonna be the ruination of our society! We're goin' ta hell in a handbasket! And all that DAMN Elvis' fault! Up there on the stage, gyrating his hips........

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
            You'd think they'd treat the machine with a little respect,
            No I don't!

Seriously, though, some people just never learned to value other people's property. It's really sad
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I'm wishing that the police were called for vandalism charges against those who were obviously abusing the system.

A girl can dream.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

A girl can dream.

^-.-^
                Dream a little dream... of sucky customers having to deal with themselves!

I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

It really sucks that they keep destroying the demo units.

I'm just a little surprised that the management keeps replacing them. The simplest way to stop the damage is by leaving out the already busted units or remove the unit altogether. If asked, tell the customers the truth; other sucky customers ruined it for everyone. You know, just like we should have all learned in grade school.
                  "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                    It really sucks that they keep destroying the demo units.

I'm just a little surprised that the management keeps replacing them. The simplest way to stop the damage is by leaving out the already busted units or remove the unit altogether. If asked, tell the customers the truth; other sucky customers ruined it for everyone. You know, just like we should have all learned in grade school.
                    Well as I understand the same company that supplies the units supplies the replacement parts, so as long as they are footing the the bill for us to keep it out there, it's not directly costing our company anything, therefore corp has no reason to make us remove it.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Actually, let them go to a petting zoo.

"Come on now, E. W., let's go look at the pretty tigress . . ."
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Can you at least call the police if you catch someone redhanded vandalising the machines?
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                        X