This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old restaurant stories

agirlfromnowhere's post reminded me of these stories.

At the restaurant I worked at (a family place that did take out) I had gotten two strange pickups that have stuck with me. I was there for 6 years before the restaurant had to close. There were family issues with the owners. It was so sad. All of us who worked there (the oldest of which was only 22) took over the running of the store for the last 3 months. Anyway, the stories:

One was someone who ordered some food at 3pm. We closed at 9pm to customers. He kept calling and telling us he was on his way. When he called at 8:30 we informed him that we'd be cleaning till 10ish and if he wanted to pay by credit card over the phone so we could get the register cashed out, we could unlock the door and pass the box out to him. He called at 9:45 and told us just to put it outside. It was gone in the morning and he never left a message, so I hope he finally got his food. We had kept it in the fridge, and luckily it was cold out.

The other was a guy who came in with a moldy sandwich. Oobviously we would not serve him something like that. I thought he wanted us to make him a new one cause he didn't have a chance to eat it or something. He said he didn't want a new one and admitted to leaving it in his car for 2 weeks (this one took place in the summer). He just brought it in to show us that there wasn't a pickle in his box and he wanted his pickle. It was so funny that we just gave him the pickle.

Came back two weeks later to show you there was no pickle. Classic.
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Yegads, that's some serious jonesing for a pickle. If he was that saddened by the lack of pickleyness, was he intending to eat it if the rancid thing was in his car?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I couldn't find it on GIS, but cue the image of the guy from Dilbert who talks very slowly and says,

"I... ATE... A... ... PICKLE..."
        Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Our sister company used to have a customer service thing where they would give a little pickle to people who went above and beyond. It was based on some ice cream shop that also served sandwiches. This customer wanted a pickle with his sandwich and the people were given him a hard time. Finally they got a hold of the owner who said, "Just give him the pickle". It was actually a pretty good deal for us, they put our names in a drawing and the winner would get a $100 gift card. I got it once because I helped them through some of their ISO-9001 audits.

Comment

The second story gave me a mental image of Homer Simpson with that six foot long hoagie... (it was the episode where Selma takes Bart and Lisa to the amusement park to see if she could be a good mother).
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post

Came back two weeks later to show you there was no pickle. Classic.
              Sure it wasn't a Vlasic?

CH
              Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
                I couldn't find it on GIS, but cue the image of the guy from Dilbert who talks very slowly and says,

Loud Howard. Click image for larger version

Name:	Loudhoward.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	2029468

He should be happy the pickle wasn't there. I've smelled moldy pickle--which before I didn't think was possible for pickles to mold--and barely kept my stomach under control while cleaning up the entire shipment that shattered in the delivery truck and molded. No idea how long that pallet had been on the truck.
                Last edited by Geek King; 01-29-2010, 02:34 PM.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post

"I....LIKE....PICKLES."

Quoth Geek King
                  Loud Howard.
                  Nope, don't think so anyhow. Just some guy whose face can be used to hold a book for you to read while he tells you "I....LIKE....PICKLES."
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                    The second story gave me a mental image of Homer Simpson with that six foot long hoagie... (it was the episode where Selma takes Bart and Lisa to the amusement park to see if she could be a good mother).
                    One of my favorite episodes. I love when Marge would throw it away and he would dig it out of the garbage. Classic.

Comment

wow, i was reading through the replies and was reminded of my favorite off broadway show, "title of show." There's a song that ends with "are you gonna eat that...pickle?" Check it out on rhapsody. That line ends the song "who the hell is she." They're all great through. Especially die vampires die, secondary characters, and original musical. Hafta go find my ipod now...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        "I....LIKE....PICKLES."

I'm such a geek This caused I...LIKE....TURTLES!!!! to run through my head

Cookies for the meme
                        I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Working...
                        X