X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
    Ok, gotta say. WHAT?!

Strange british laws.In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless in public unless they are a clerk in a tropical fish store.

In London, Hackney taxis must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.

It is illegal to be drunk in a pub or club, or any other licensed premises.

Oddly, it is illegal to consume a mince pie on Christmas Day.

In Hereford, you may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.

However, in Chester you can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

Also in York, excluding Sundays, it is apparently legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless in public unless they are a clerk in a tropical fish store.

It is illegal for a Member of Parliament to enter the House of Commons wearing a full coat of armour.

Sleeping with a consort of the queen is classified as treason, and as such carries a maximum penalty of death.

Placing a postage stamp of the queen upside down, is also considered treason.

It is unlawful to impersonate an Chelsea pensioner.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Ok, the drunkenness, the mince pie, and the Queen's consort make sense. The rest I'm not quite as sure about.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
        Placing a postage stamp of the queen upside down, is also considered treason.
        Doing the same with a US postage stamp is supposed to be an expression of love.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          M: Customersruinmylife, you are SO lucky he didn't hear what you said!
          You know, it is getting to the point where if a worker does not handle an unreasonable situation 100% perfectly, they may lose their job, and I am getting a little sick of it. Oh, yeah. Drunken redneck nana whips out her hooters and drunken redneck son cops an attitude, but you had BETTER be 100% polite while they are giving you whiskey fueled rage.

Sigh. Sounds like a tough job. I hope things go better.
          "Sorry, the restaurant is closed in honor of customer appreciation day."

Comment

Quoth Grrrrrrr View Post
            . Drunken redneck nana whips out her hooters and drunken redneck son cops an attitude, but you had BETTER be 100% polite while they are giving you whiskey fueled rage.
            I don't believe that the UK has rednecks as such. Chavs, I believe, would be the proper terminology.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

How in the bloody hell does the mince pie thing make sense???? (Is it a bowel movement thing?)
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                How in the bloody hell does the mince pie thing make sense???? (Is it a bowel movement thing?)
                No, no, it's to do with Oliver Cromwell, when he was reigning over England in the 17th century, he was a puritan which meant he didn't like dancing or anything like that.He made a law that gluttony and Christmas celebrations of that sort were to be illegal, including the eating of mince pies.That law has never been repealed.

By the way a mince pie is not made with meat, but with flavoured raisins and suet.
                Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

There is definately something wrong with that son. Probably something wrong with the old lady, too, but no self-respecting son who has been weaned wants to see his mom's breasts unless he's a trained doctor and she's got cancer.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Or he's comfortable around the naked body, and/or is a naturist, etc., etc.

Not that I think the son in question was any of the above. Just saying there are other possibilities besides "idiot" and your the social mores you find as "normal."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

That whole scene reminds me of Mama's Got Her Boobs Out and is hilarious. Not that I would want to be in the pub with that family, but it's still funny.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Or he's comfortable around the naked body, and/or is a naturist, etc., etc.

Not that I think the son in question was any of the above. Just saying there are other possibilities besides "idiot" and your the social mores you find as "normal."
                        Plus, there's a difference between wanting to see it and believing that there's nothing wrong with it if it happens to occur. If that makes sense...

Not to say this family was in any way in the right in this situation. You wanna be topless, do it at home or in a place where it is allowed.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                        X