This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=52748

If a customer threatens me that they'll go somewhere else, I just politely tell them that they too must follow the same WIC rules we do or else they risk fines or even losing their (or our) WIC license.

I've never really said this to a customer but it's just a hunch I have: it's quite possible that WIC sends mystery shoppers to test us to see if we do enforce the WIC rules.

Comment

The cashiers where I work hate the WIC program. Not because it's a bad program, but because it's got so many rules. They say it's even worse than our part-time functioning debit card system. And customers in the lines don't think much of it, either. Half because they want to pretend it's all fraudulent foreigners (key word being pretend) and half because WIC takes so long to check and verify, and always requires a C. S. M.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I was at the SCO today and saw a guy come through with WIC checks.

WIC checks...at the SCO.

:shakes head:

I felt so sorry for the attendant. It took forever.

I have no problem with the program, but I do have a problem with people who won't obey the rules, and/or attempt to go through the faster lanes with them, knowing damned well they take longer. They need to be processed at fully staffed, non express, non SCO lanes.

Case in point: This winner from a couple of months ago when I was in Florida -

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=57989
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

WIC may stand for WOMEN, infants and children, but men can be on the list, too.

Look at the WIC checks, there are generally 2 names on the list.

If there's no father, then it's another woman, usually a grandma or a sister.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post

They should have a drill sergeant that goes like this: "You will sleep with the list! You will eat with the list! You will come to love and respect this list and treat it like your mother!"
            I can picture a drill sgt in the store with a WIC customer:

DS- Drill Sgt
            SWC- Stupid WIC Customer

SWC- *Tries to get cookie crisp with WIC but is denied*

DS- NO NO NO PRIVATE YOU CAN"T GET THAT!!!

SWC- * Leaves and comes back with a different flavor of cookie crisp again denied*

DS: HELLO!!!! PRIVATE WHAT LAND ARE YOU FROM, THE LAND OF CONFUSION???!!! I JUST TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULDN"T GET THAT!!!! WHERE IS YOUR LIST???

SWC: I don't have it drill sgt.

DS: WHAT???!!! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU LEFT YOUR LIST AT HOME ALL ALONE AND DEFENSELESS? HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE LIST.

I can't think of any more at the moment, but I could just see that happening.
            Last edited by RavenStarr; 02-02-2010, 04:17 PM.
            Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

To be fair, some of the lists are pretty nitpicky. When I went with a friend to buy WIC stuff, it took us 20 minutes of comparing juices to find one that fit the list (certain obscure size, certain % juice, blah blah blah).

It still doesn't excuse WIC customers who 1) go through the express lane because each of the 4 checks they're using only has 5 items, which is less than then 10 item limit 2) completely ignore the requirements for the items (Velveeta is NOT cheese and you didn't even get the right size) or 3) try to buy things that aren't on the check (No, you cannot buy meat with your WIC check). I saw all 3 multiple times as a cashier, and that's just SC behavior.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                WIC may stand for WOMEN, infants and children, but men can be on the list, too.

Look at the WIC checks, there are generally 2 names on the list.

If there's no father, then it's another woman, usually a grandma or a sister.
                I figured a man would have been the designated proxy or something. When I used WIC, I could have designated someone else to be allowed to pick up and redeem my checks for me, if I couldn't. Could very well have been a man. heh.

WIC IS a pain in the ass. I cut everyone slack though, because people usually aren't trying to be assholes. I mean, the person in the original post, who threw the hissy fit? Well, they were. But someone who got the wrong cereal and was flustered because it was allowed before---that I can understand. The last time I was in the line behind a WIC customer (with an issue) was right after they tweaked the things that were allowed. The customers nor the cashier were used to the new list, and things weren't ringing that should have been.

Actually, I was behind someone else who was behind them. The person between us had a hissy fit about it, bitching about how people need better training, blah blah blah. She was way more annoying that the WIC customer (who was just trying to get her shit right) and the cashier (who was just trying to get everyone out quickly).
                you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
                X