Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thank Jester for his fine work in answering as many questions about ID and such as he did, but he shouldn't had to have answered some of that stuff. Why?

Because statements such as "there should be a universal federal ID" are better left to Fratching, rather than hijacking someone else's thread. Can we pull this back on topic, people?
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Also not considered proper photo identification...

A photograph of yourself.

I once asked a customer for some picture ID and she handed over a 4"x6" of herself. Nothing else.

And she was PISSED that I wouldn't accept it, too.
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Something that was said here is something I have dealt with from customers. I am sure anyone who works in a bar, or with any age-restricted product, has gotten grief like this.

"There should be a federal ID card."
        "I should be able to use this expired ID."
        "I shouldn't have to show you my ID."
        "If I don't have my ID with me, I should still be able to drink."
        "These kids with me are mine, so that should tell you I am of age."
        "My parents here will tell you I'm of age. That should be enough."

Should, should, should, should, should.

That's great. After all, I think Megan Fox SHOULD show up to my house wearing a tiny bikini, ready to party. Last time I checked, she IS not.

But what these people so conveniently forget, or often willfully ignore, is that bartenders, servers, and anyone else who deals with age-restricted products do not work with "should." We work with "is." As in, the law "is." And whatever the law IS, that is how we have to operate.

So, to these customers that preach about what SHOULD be, I have a message:

If you think something SHOULD happen, go talk to your legislators and make what SHOULD be what IS. Until that time, you SHOULD have proper ID as the law dictates with you, or the chances of you getting a drink IS zero.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Three cheers! I can buy liquor and smokes if I want to, because I actually have a valid passport! (Since I don't drive, why bother with any other i. d. when the passport will work for most everything.)

Sadly, 1) As a diabetic, I can't drink or smoke, and 2) on my paychecks, most of the time I can't buy food. Why throw money away on liquor and smokes?
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I don't know about Canada, but here in the U.S., in most places you can order your new DL before your old one expires.
            Oh, I know you can. The question is how far in advance of it expiring will I do so? I got mine in high school, during the break between 5-month semesters. Now that I'm in university, my break happens about three weeks before my DL expires.

Quoth Jester View Post
            Any ID is expired once that expiration date on it has passed.
            That part I understood, the "expiring once they put the sticker on it" was an "in addition" case. I'm going to ask a question that I probably should have asked in the first place: does anywhere outside of Ontario put a "photo ID only" sticker under your picture on your old DL when you get the new one? (They print your temporary one, and give you back the now photo ID card so that your printed one is valid).

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              -Your pregnancy (Yes, I had someone yell because I carded them when they were very pregnant. No, I don't know it isn't for you and I don't care. You're buying it, I'm carding you)
              Also, your kids. I had a girl shriek at me once when I carded her, "But I've got a kid!" SFW? Twelve year olds are birthing babies these days. Having a child does not make you an adult, and can not be accepted as ID, jeez.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                does anywhere outside of Ontario put a "photo ID only" sticker under your picture on your old DL when you get the new one? (They print your temporary one, and give you back the now photo ID card so that your printed one is valid).
                I don't believe so. I had a provincial ID (not a DL, but similar enough), and when I went to update my address, they simply confiscated it and gave me a paper temp, and I've heard similar stories from my friendss about their DLs. So at the least, Alberta doesn't. Luckily, you usually get your ID really quickly. I think it took about 5 business days for mine to arrive in the mail.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Having a child does not make you an adult, and can not be accepted as ID, jeez.
                  Also, it should be pointed out that, just because you have a ten year old child with you, there is no way for us to know that that is YOUR ten year old child. So once again, using your kids as proof of age isn't very logical. More importantly, I know of no government that will allow sellers of age-restricted products to use "kids with you" as proof of age.

Thank you, drive through.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X