This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next time...

~for the sake of my amusement, my dialog shall be in green and the customers shall be in blue~

so...there i was, roaming around the store with my drive thru headset on, bored out of my mind cuz there's nooo customers. i hear the "ding!" that tells me that someone pulled up to the speaker box. so i start my thing.

"thank you for stopping at boredom land, what can we make for ya tonight?"

nothing. i go over the to dt station to check the menu-cam and the guy had driven right past it and up to the window. since i was there already i couldn't ignore him like we normally do for people that ignore protocol and drive up to the window without ordering. so i open the window.

"hi! yanno, we have a menu and we prefer if you order there instead of driving up to the window."

i'm tring to be all nice and cheery, of course.
    ...but nooo...

"all i want is a cup of coffee."
    "oh i'm sure but if there had been a line, you'd b-"
    "but there was no line, so i just drove up."

...there's no point in arguing with this one so i ask him how he wants his coffee and go get it for him. when i come back, he has this to say:

"next time, you should think twice about scolding a grown man."
    *dumbfounded look* "uhm. sorry? have a nice night..." *close window, walk away*

next time you should learn how to use a drive thru!
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

What a jerk. I wouldn't have apologized or said anything else to him after that.
    Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
      "And next time, YOU should think twice before rewriting the rules of a drive-thru."
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

For the sake of my response, my text will be in black.

Maybe he said "scalding"? He must've not wanted it hot.
        Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

oh no...he said scolding. he was quite possibly the most serious man i've ever met. kinda weird, actually...
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

I hate when people have that attitude like whatever they say or do is The Right Way. Trying to correct them is futile. I don't know what kind of world they get to live in most of the time, but I'm assuming it's padded
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I agree that you shouldn't scold a grown man. That being a given, I will now say that a grown man does NOT decide that the world needs to operate by his rules -- that is the attitude of a spoiled brat child. So, you were not scolding a grown man after all -- you were scolding a spoiled brat child who just happen to be a child over the age of 18!
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Re: Title
                I'll get you next time Gadget! NEXT TIME!!!

~for the sake of my amusement, my dialog shall be in green and the customers shall be in blue~
                Interesting fact: I've a script that makes all text black, so it's easier on the eyes. The post doesn't make any less sense without the colour coding.

Lastly, dude's a twat. I don't care if there's no line, there's protocols that must be observed for the smooth flow of the transaction.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

If he ever does it again, let him sit there until he figures out that you won't take his order unless he does it through the mic like everyone else.
                  Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Wonderful idea! Brilliant, in fact.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Many places have you NOT open the window if someone comes right up to it for safety reasons.

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
                        If he ever does it again, let him sit there until he figures out that you won't take his order unless he does it through the mic like everyone else.
                        I got the impression that that was standard policy, it's just less practical to enforce when you've already opened the window and are looking at him.

Comment

You could say the same for taking orders over the phone once the place is closed. At Pizza Place, where I used to work, we were not allowed to let a phone ring out, even if we'd closed. So, the conversation would often go like this:

Drone: Hello, my name is Lace and this is Pizza Place.
                          Customer: I'd like to order a pizza.
                          Drone: I'm sorry, but we closed at 10:30.
                          Customer: What? But why did you answer the phone then?
                          Drone: To tell you that we're closed.

*facepalm* Yes, on the face of it, it does seem incredibly stupid to answer the phone like that, but it was a corporate policy to never let the phone ring for more than three rings, even after the store had closed. -.- It was on all the menus, so even the boss couldn't do anything about it.

So, if you've opened the window and are looking at the customer, a firm, "Sorry, but you have to use the mic. It's over there." plus shutting the window, should suffice. I'm betting his attitude is cuz of his mother not firmly telling him no when he was a child, so now he thinks he owns the world. -.-
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X