This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things my customers need to know

1. Moving your items closer & closer to the scanner will not make the person ahead of you go faster.
    2. You are in the Express lane. Have an idea how much change you have or learn to count faster. The people behind you are annoyed. Also, don't reevaluate your purchases at my register while you hold up the line.
    3. Quit talking to your friends and pay already. I'm being timed on my transaction speed & again, the people behind you are waiting.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

4. Express lane says 10 items or less, not 100.

Sorry, that's my biggest annoyance about express lanes. :P
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      1. Moving your items closer & closer to the scanner will not make the person ahead of you go faster.
      I don't know why, but the utter truthiness of this statement made me laugh. I'll move my items ahead on the belt, but only to make room for anyone behind me. It's never even occurred to me that I could somehow influence those in front of me by continuing to move them up!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

5. You see that sign at the front entrance that says 'Attention Shoppers, we are not honoring the ad?' Guess what? It means exactly that. Don't like it, go to one of our other locations.

6. All sales are final means all sales are final. Whining to every manager you can find won't change anything. They'll just semi-politely tell you to get lost.

7. Yes, we are closing! Did all of the Inventory Blowout and Everything Must Go signs not give you a clue?

Sigh, I keep forgetting customers don't read.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
          7. Yes, we are closing! Did all of the Inventory Blowout and Everything Must Go signs not give you a clue?

Sigh, I keep forgetting customers don't read.
          Well, to be fair on this point, around here, that usually means "end of season sale," not "business is closing."

However, I'm willing to bet there's signs up blatantly stating "this location closing" too, so that should clear up any confusion for people who read.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

your post reminded me of two things

1) How very much i HATE when people make their choices at the register when theres a huge line.

2) In my own store my transaction average time is about 90 seconds, and I'm on the high end compared to many of my coworkers and yet we get complaints ALL the time about how long we take to ring people out. Seriously? One and a half minutes isn't fast enough? sheesh.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              The worst thing about this is, it's always the "painting-straighteners" (i.e. Roland of Gilead) who have the habit of moving something forward if the conveyer belt isn't doing so right this exact second.

It's a force of habit for most of them.

I try to break them of this annoying habit by either a) grabbing at the air where the product used to be and pretending to feel around for it, or b) grabbing another item further down the belt.

About 25% will catch themselves moving stuff. Once in a blue moon they even apologize, which they needn't do but it's a nice gesture.
              Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

I can add a couple.

1) When we close, we are CLOSED. So 5pm means 5pm, not 5:15 and definitely no 5:30 (we were all out of the store by then, but my mum kept watching the customers come up to the door )
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                X