Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I'm sorry I didn't call the police right away." Or "I'm sorry your vehicle didn't get damaged."

There, there's your apology.

This kind of thing makes my blood boil. People wonder why we, as as people get more and more self-centered and obnoxious? It's because we in the customer service industry have trained people to be that way.

Honestly, did no one in that store's management not think that maybe a customer like that is somebody you want shopping somewhere else? That maybe a customer like that is a customer who will end up seriously injuring some staff member? That they've now established PROOF that they don't care about the safety of their employees? Imagine what a lawyer could make out that.

Foolishness. Pure foolishness.
    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

I can easily see this happening someday in the lot that I work in; we've one lane near an entrance that's One Way, but too many people (customers and employees) ignore the signs and barrel down the lane in the wrong direction without thinking. So far the worst of it has been some idiot blocking the traffic that wants to go down that lane the right way.

I've almost been hit by people driving in the wrong direction, both working in the lot and merely driving up to the second floor lot. On top of that, the nearby exit also has a No Left Turn sign that's almost gotten my driver's side impacted by a truck driver who can't read pictures.
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I echo what everyone else has said. SHE gets the apology when she nearly killed someone? SHE was the one who should have been forced to apologize. It was the least they could have forced her to do. This is even worse than viniger boy! I hope that bitch is forced to pay up, but I know it won't happen.

Comment

holy cow. NOT OKAY!! NOT OKAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What an EVIL Bitch!

Apology: "Ma'am, I'm terribly sorry that you can't understand normal thinking."

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Dude! Read the Vinegar Boy saga to your boss so he can learn the fact that if you apologize, you open yourself to being sued.

After all, she clipped you but as soon as somone says "I'm sorry" you admit culpability. Thanks to that apology, the cameras go from a 100% in your favor to 50% at best.

That idjit boss is opening himself to a potentially large sized can of worms.
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I never apologize, Lisa. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

Ah, Simpsons references.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

You have to take a positive attitude: "I'll be glad to apologize. I'll do that in court, at the beginning of my testimony against this jerk."

Comment

What an infuriating situation. What a horrible bitch to think it's OK to plow into a pedestrian and then demand an apology because the guy swore?

And the company actually asking him to apologize. That's shameful.

But while there's a lot of justified outrage here that the employee apologized to the SC, it's not as if the clock can be turned back. What's done is done. Telling the OP what the co-worker should have done isn't going to be much help NOW.

However it's NOT too late for the co-worker to do two additional things (if they haven't been done already):

1. File an incident report documenting the incident. This will ensure that the employer pays for his medical exam.

2. See a doctor just to rule out any hidden injuries. The company should pay for it since the incident happened in the course of the employee's work.

If he's OK, that's good news.

BUT IF the doctor finds an injury it is NOT too late to file a claim against the driver's insurance. Nor is it too late to file an accident report with the police. [The insurance company may require that a police report be filed.]

The apology shouldn't influence the outcome too much. It's not enough to overcome the camera evidence which, from the sounds of it, clearly shows that she was driving against traffic into a pedestrian area and not using any kind of reasonable speed.
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Apologize? Certainly...

"I apologize to this court for wasting their time with this lawsuit in order to teach this moronic hobag that total disregard for human life is not tolerated. Particularly when it's seen as an inconvenience to be mowed over so they can save a few seconds of their obviously difficult day."
                      "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post

Some injuries don't rear their ugly heads until days months or even years later. Good documentation means its covered under Workman's Comp.
                        Case in point: I am still undergoing surgeries from when I was rear-ended by an 18-wheeler 3.5 years ago. (just had hip #2 replaced over xmas break)
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I can totally see a scenario where a litigious system-pro hits your guy, thinks, "ah, if I complain and he apologizes, the store won't be able to sue me. I might even be able to make some cash out of the deal."

...if she's that diabolically clever.

Comment

Believe me, don't expect any help from that store. They'll screw their workers any way they can. My back hasn't healed yet.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I vote he was i shock when he apologised - I know I would have to be!

Comment

Gah. Any normal person would fall over themselves apologising if they hit someone with their car, not ask for an apology.

Not to mention the cause of WHY they hit them - I can see stupidly failing to notice that someone is in your way, if you're backing out - not excusable, but kinda understandable - but THIS?

Comment

Working...
                                X