This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday 2009

I worked at Walmart from November to January and experienced my first Black Friday in retail, it wasn't as horrible as some would think, no one got shot or anything of that nature, but I did have one experience;

Walmart was offering a 42" television for $350 with a rebate of $100, so walking about, you end up with a TV for $250. I'm a people person, I loved interacting with customers, I stood in the middle of an isle with a pile of like seven televisions calling out; "Who wants a TV, sir you look like you need a TV!" blah blah.

I sold out all the TVs and we started pulling out a television that was the same size and brand, but a different model number, which means you don't get it for $250, you now get to pay $500. I did the exact same thing with these TVs, we needed to get all the 2009 models out of the store ASAP. I sold a ton of them explaining; "they're no the same, these are current prices, the other ones were first come, first serve."

No issues until I had two left and a woman approached me, it was now 3:00pm and the sales started at 5:30am, this woman wonders into the store and shows me the circular; "I want this TV..." I laugh to myself; "ma'am those TVs were sold out earlier, sorry." She looks for a moment, gets INTO my face, and begins screaming; "THOSE ARE THE SAME TVS, SELL THEM TO ME!"

I walked away to a customer and explained the issue. The woman walked out empty handed and extremely angry, threatening to write to Customer Relations about me and the store.

Ah, the price of dignity, eh?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Cpt. Morgan View Post
      Walmart was offering a 42" television for $350 with a rebate of $100, so walking about, you end up with a TV for $250.
      Not if you live in Wisconsin.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X